Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Robles 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 28, 2007.

1. Burny

Burny

Paso was great! The meet and great was a blast. Great to finally put some faces with names.

Best part for me was the drive the 34 miles round trip, on route G14, to and from our campground at Lake Naciamento. (I had to flat tow the T Bucket with our accomidations for the weekend) That drive was kick ass!

2. This was a good year, but they always seem to be. I thought there were a lot more spectators, people wandering in to see the show, not necessarily there with cars. But that may be a reflection of Paso itself growing, lots of buidling going on in that town. There seemed to be fewer shit box cars as well, maybe those people are either building better cars or getting into some other scene.

3. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

The cops were telling me 'This is the last show ever" The claimed the city officials were irate w/ the whole thing... I'm guessing once the money is tallied up, the show will be back next year-

I wish the local goofball cars could be kept away from entire Park area from Friday - Sunday. WCK should block off everything for the 72 hr Paso period- Registered cars only. Just my opinion to keep the mustangs and 4X4's from cruising the park after hours....

4. Gotta agree, it was jammed

5. studhud

studhud

I would agree that it should be entered cars only from friday till sunday but the security would be expensive. The cops,the town even west coast customs have been saying last one every year for the 11 years I've been going. I'll enjoy it till the end! LTR Dave

6. Sounds like your son is destined to be a future Hamber,it's very rewarding when they are so enthused at that age.Too bad more parents don't involve their kids in their hobby,since it steers them in such a good direction for the future.:D

7. 53burb

53burb

Well Kirk and the others. I came with no car, no club jacket but did come with respect to the show and did not make an ass out of myself. It was kool to have finally met alot of you that are on here that I have sent pm too or added my .02 too on one of your threads. KNUX!

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

It was cool finally meeting you. You looked like you were digging it. Paso is always a great experience.

9. Great show. The wife and i shot up there sat. morning and had a blast. I look forward to this show every year.. Cant wait for next. :)

10. Yeah, it's about time you fucking made it. See ya Friday at Bob's so you can give me your take on it. I was happy/surprised to finally see you there.

11. RF

RF

What happened to the "Groucho Vs Hon Grudge Match"? Did someone pull a Tito?

12. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I did see a Ryan Cochran name tag on a guy. I could have sworn it was Hank Cash......but what do I know.

13. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Groucho never showed up. Hon was all ready to go.

14. RF

RF

That's what I meant by pulling a "Tito"...a no-show. I talked to Craig Friday morning--he'd just picked up his satin robe from the dry cleaners.

15. 53burb

53burb

Groucho was there....he said that he had somewhere to go and then vanished.....poof!!!!!!! KNUX!

16. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

This was one of the best shows ever. Would have been better if my car had made it, but there is always next year.

17. Paso was fun the meet and greet was cool next time we need to do that in a bar I lost my buzz trying to read name tags…….
    Check out Kirk the “mr fashion police” The rock O'billy Cuff thing I don’t dig either. But what really gets me is the guys wearing the big ass old lady sun glasses….. Paris Hilton fans I guess….fags in my opinion
    "Cars Not Fashion"

18. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

Paso was bitchen ! I had my 5 yr old with me suday in the park and he loved it. As for posers lets hope they move on to something else next.

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I went for the first time in 1989 BUT...The best Paso was 1995 !

20. OLLIN

OLLIN

We were hanging out at a bar near the park watching the fight etc. and a local goofball gang member ran in to "hide out" he said he and his "homeboy" had just gotten in a fist fight with some other guys at the park. I didn't see any other real incidents with the car crowd. Just a little harmless fun, small burnouts etc. I remember previous years where people were doing full burnouts in front of the park on spring street!
    Overall I had a real good time. saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Nice to get away from LA for the weekend.

21. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

About an hour before the Hamb meet and greet, Craig (Hon) took the phone out of my hands and demanded to dial Grouchos number, I reluctantly did.
    Groucho and Hon kinda made up, over the phone, but Grouch never showed for the meet and greet, so they never met face to face.
    What a shame. They could have been best friends.
    I wanted to get a picture of the two, together.

22. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Ya forgot to tell em about the 7 foot tall gorilla :eek: you pointed out to me and told me it was Groucho. Just to see me get killed. :p

Craig :cool:

23. Since i didn't bring a car this year, I decided to "hone" my drinking skills this past few days. I think i've taken some big steps towards perfection. I'm not one to brag, but great progress was made! One morning however, i did feel like i was beat up the night before.

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

This was my first HAMB Meet and Greet! I wish I would have been able to talk to more of you, I couldn't believe some of the HAMBers I saw but didn't get a chance to talk to! Some long distance travellers!

I met lots of guys outside of the meet and greet, that greenish-brown HAMB shirt is a dead give-away, and I wore my sticker all day Saturday, so I kept bumping into y'all!

Everyone I did talk to were very cool, the funny thing is you seemed like the people I hang out with in real life.

25. RF

RF

The same amount of money spent on gas instead of liquor and you could of still felt the same way the next day!

26. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Amen Axle--

Remember the two coupes drag racing down that back road after words exchanged at the A & W? And the old Shifters Parties at the Moose Lodge were out of control....
    Good times, fo sho...

27. My thoughts exactly.

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

It was certainly the biggest/most crowded one I've been to (since '93). I'm no longer interested in the cruise -- too many junkers, too much gridlock. I think the average quality of cars has declined since I started going, but there are still plenty of cool ones to look at. Still my favorite event of the year!

29. Punchy

Punchy
    from Orange, CA

Yeah....it was too bad 'cause last year the wife and I had a great time hanging out at the Moose Lodge Friday night eating drinking and listening to Vicky Tafoya and The Big Beat and Cari Lee and The Saddle-lites (good old school rockabilly too...not 80's cover crap like this year at the bowling alley). They even keep the parking lot saved for just rods and customs. The event last year and this year were put on by The Cherry Bombs, but this year they failed to do any advertising for it so hardly anybody showed and their headliner "Jezebelle" didn't go on until late because of the lack of bodies. I saw a few fellow Hambers there in the parking lot like Johnnykck and his rpu. We still had a good time though and Jezebelle was well worth the wait....that girl can sing! I think she played again in the park on Saturday night. I talked to MissCherryBomb and encouraged her to let all us Hamber's know what's up for next year. It's a good place for everyone to hang out with their cars and I suggested knocking some bucks off the cover for Hamb members...

30. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

Well, instead of crossing Paso off of my "to do"list, I'm trying to figure out how to make an annual vacation destination. My first trip to Paso was pure sensory overload. West Coast Customs indeed! Besides Lead East, the kustoms are somewhat rare at the East Coast shows. The quality and variety of vehicles was incredible. The setting was great, and the side streets had some amazing treasures!
    It was great to meet some of you and finally put a face with the screen name. A big Thanks to Denise and Larry for their organizational skills!