Register now to get rid of these ads!

Petaluma Pacers roadster update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Mar 13, 2004.

1. av8

av8

The Pacers' old warhorse is about to make noise once again, after years spent sitting silent in a Sonoma County barn. Gene Gillmore was hard at work on the ignition and wiring today while Tardel finished up a quartet of lovingly crafted 97 alky carburetors.

We didn't get to hear it run today because Gene hadn't brought any fresh alcohol, assuming that it wouldn't be ready. But Vern had the mixers all ready to go by three o'clock, so Gillmore took of to get some alchol; he and Vern weren't keen on tipping leftovers from Speed Week '03 into a fresh system. Gene had'nt returned by the time I left, so I can't say whether or not the roadster made noise today. I have no doubt that when it does make noise it will be glorious!

Here are some cockit and trunk-area details. The bellypan is in place, as is the lower half of the firewall. Shouldn't be more than a couple more weeks before the car is finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

looks sharp [​IMG]

i asume a cup will be issued to the driver? :S

3. jerry

jerry

that is freaking SWEET!

is it going to be at chrr? would love to check it out in person. that is what i call a loving restoration. you guys done good.

jerry

4. av8

av8

My guess is that it will be at the CHRR. I'm working on Gilmore to trailer it to Bonneville and then to MOKAN for the Second Annual HAMB Drags after Speed Week.

5. Very impressive. I love to look at other people's cars, racers included.

6. WHAT? You're coming to MoKan? Cool!

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Wow!! each picture that is posted on the racer gets better.. Just can't get enough of the old race cars.. The earlier the better! You boys do awesome work!!!!

8. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

BEUTIFULLLLLL!!!! I love this car, I can only hope to see it in person one day. Could you tell me about the steering, it sure is cool looking?
    -Jesse

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow. Please explain the steering to me if you could. As in what was the original aplication for the box and how was it modified?