Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How about a F R I D A Y * A R T * S H O W 1-27-2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realkustom51, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ... and lastly ...

[​IMG]

2. Awesome...... :D

Kinda in a Johnny Bravo meets Greased Lightning from that movie who's name shall remain stricken from the HAMB...

3. bbb

bbb

4. nice start fellers .sorry nothing strictly on topic from me this week. but they are both done in 1shot if that counts for anything. the first one is for my wife (said she wanted something to hang in the dining room) and the other two are a practice piece for a job i'm doing next week for a mate. my first paying job! well.... sort of, he's a chef and payed me in cake.:D

Attached Files:

5. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

No pens or pencils from me, just photo manipulation software...

[​IMG]

6. Lookin' good soo far everybody!

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

8. sololobo

sololobo

What a super show already, love it all! Ok Ok I am an art whore!, and proud of it! ~sololobo~

9. Thanks Fleet- Master, Jigger- cool to see folks diggin' the show.

Fleet- Master, I dig your posts. First drag race I ever saw, what did I see? Thuema & Leake cutting thru Super Stock at the '77 Adelaide Nats in a C/MS HK like the one you posted. Instantly hooked..

Jeff Norwell, love the dueces. Yesterday at hot-rod dude's Australia day barbie we saw Geoff (327) & Jerry's (390) choice dueces, now this.. :)

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

11. Awesome Jeff!!!! They almost look real.

12. Britt8M

Britt8M

Swamp Gasser Race!

[​IMG]

13. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looking great so far!! Here is a fresh new acrylic painting I just completed this week. It is Joe Petrali on his record setting knucklehead.
    On March 13, 1937, this EL Factory Streamliner established a land speed record, racing up to 136.183 miles per hour on the hard-packed sands at Daytona Beach, Florida. The speed run was conducted to promote Harley-Davidson's new "Knucklehead" engine. Harley racing team rider Joe Petrali was aboard the bike for the record run. Petrali left Harley in 1938 to join the team that helped Howard Hughes build the Spruce Goose airplane.
    Hope you like, Nate Grice
    Will have prints for autorama
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  14. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks for the inspiration folks! I've been working on a Best of 2011 book for the last few weeks so hopefully once that's done I can get out and try to make some art with the camera instead of just grabbing some snaps like I've been doing lately. Thanks again!

15. That's sweet stuff Nate!

Jeff, It just keeps getting better and better!

16. Cheers mate- this internet thing & the instant hook 'tween hemispherical opposites- modernity for nuts & bolts nutters..

Dust devil- freakin' brilliant Nate, me want 1..
    Britt- edgy new gassr direction- xlnt-ness!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  17. Top notch, Guys! On the third page befor 8am....WOW! Turning out to be another stellar show! Keep'em coming!!!!

18. Ole'32

Ole'32
    from Arizona

One thing I enjoy about Fridays. Great talent being shown this morning! Look forward to more! Have a good one Guys!

Bryson

19. kismyss

kismyss

Just finished this 47 Diamond T bobber truck about 2 months ago. My most detailed yet. Started with a 409 chevy mechanical injection made out of pipe fittings and wired with tig wire. Then built the cab with opening doors, gauges stainless visor, and gear shifter. Made the wheels on my lathe, and built the frame from some weird blades I found. It has full suspension that really works, that was a BITCH! The grill is made out of stainless pipe, a float and tig wire. The headlights are lug nuts, and the fuel tank is copper fittings to match the rear springs. Used twisted nails for wish bones and door handles. Front axle is stainless tubing drilled that also turns. This truck took me a year and a half to build, have been dreaming of building this in real life for awhile. Looking for a truck to start with right now. Oh yeah the tag says "FAHQ", sound it out. How you dig.

Attached Files:

20. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Hi everyone sorry my posts have been sparce lately ! but heres some stuff just hard finding time sometimes haha .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have lots of saws to work on now :) <3 antique shops

and stuff im still working on .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Dang Jeff, they look even better here than they do on Facebook. Just incredible! You going to run prints of these? Please? :D

22. its been a few weeks since i have been on here...but thought id throw up some more recent stuff....most of its been more personal stuff for friends and family.....but im having fun being an artist again...

Attached Files:

23. Man I love it ...your best piece ever IMO

24. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Playin with the Wacom.

Attached Files:

25. rust to dust its on its way

Attached Files:

• 063.JPG
      063.JPG
      File size:
      145.6 KB
      Views:
  26. Now that you're painting stuff that you enjoy, your quality has gone through the roof John.. I'd love one of those rustic signs!

27. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

An embroidered jacket we done this week for a customer who wanted something non-club related.

[​IMG]

28. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

While clearing some model bodies I did for some slot car guys I figured I'd hit my '62 Electra drag car so I can finish it.

Attached Files:

29. Kirsten

Kirsten

This is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.