Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to lift a truck cab off the frame by yourself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Oct 19, 2008.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

2. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

All you need is two stop sign post and four jack stands and a floor jack. Raise cab with jack , slide sign post under cab put stands under post. Raise each side a notch at a time. Remove rear tires and slide frame out from under cab.

3. absolutely the greatest. they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

4. BigBadBuford

BigBadBuford

Have any of you built a gantry crane setup out of pressure treated lumber? I was thinking about getting some 6X6's or laminating some 2X10's to make a setup for a chain fall/winch. I want to pull the cab, bed and engine/trans for a frame swap. I have a cherry picker but some of these ideas require a good bit of luck to keep the user out of the ER..:)

Looking for "safe" ideas.

5. Inside the garage I drilled a hole in the ceiling and dropped a short length of heavy chain down. On the upstairs floor I ran the biggest steel rod I could fit through the link. One for the front and one for back. That gave me something to attach the come-a-long to.
    The second one not so much engineering. A 2x10 across the inside of the trunk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. And mine on a tired night about 11 pm , it was real easy to but that there dent in the roof :rolleyes: by jacking too far

7. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

Cool way of showing that, i also love the change in daylight, all in a day,s hard work!