Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scorpion 1 Partner passed today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwrfab, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Group:
    I am sad to report the passing of my partner Bill Collins. He was the man that drove the car at MoKan 2006. I hope Wylee Coyte Doesn't mind me using his great shot of Bill at MoKan. I believe it is one of the best photos ever, showing the fun we have with the car.
    Thanks dwrfab Don Ross

Attached Files:

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Could we possibly get funeral details? The Jalopy Journal would like to send flowers...

And sorry for the loss... I only talked to him once, but could tell instantly that he was a great guy.

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Sorry to hear this Don............He sure looked happy behind the wheel, Littleman

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Saw the car in person at the LSR.....It made a big impression.

Sorry for the loss of Bill..... I wish I could have met him.
    Godspeed.

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Sorry to hear that Don...everytime I saw him with the re-created Scorpion I, he looked like he was having a blast.

My condolences.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm so sorry. What a GREAT guy. I first met him at the HRR in Bowling Green I think and then chatted him up abit more at Mokan. He was a wonderful human being. My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends. He will be truely missed.

7. What a beautiful photograph. It captures the spirit and joy of rodding perfectly.

My condolences to you, Mr. Collins' family, and his friends.

8. Anderson

Anderson

Wow. He's come into the shop numerous times and was always a pleasure to listen to. He will be missed, my condolences to his family and friends.

9. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

That picture says it all...sorry for your loss

10. what you said was perfect. I concur indeed.
    May He rest in peace.

11. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Don, My sincere condolences. Wish I could have met him.

12. Rusty

Rusty

Man Don I cant believe this, i just called my dad and told him, he is shocked, please let us know any ifo on the funeral or anything the Dirty's or Burford's as you know can do. Please let us know. Those in the Dallas area have lost a true Hot Rod Hero, he will grealty be missed

Rusty

13. jerry

jerry

Via con dios.

With all the people that have fond memories of Bill collins he will never die, he will live on forever in our memories.

jerry

14. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Ryan and all:
    Thanks for the kind words I will pass the word on to the famely. Ryan I will post the information when I get it.
    dwrfab Don Ross

15. AHotRod

AHotRod

He was a great guy!
    I was standing right next to John (WylieCoyotte) when he snapped those pictures. I don't believe I have seen a smile so big like I did at that moment.
    May God Bless.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Don,
    Here are the pictures I took of Bill while he was pulling in after that great run at the HAMB Drags.
    He was SO happy as we visited with him, we congradulated him and shook his hand.

Attached Files:

fauj likes this.
  17. FWilliams

FWilliams

One of the highlights of the 06 drags was meeting Bill,

very sorry for your loss.

Fred

18. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

I am honored to have met and talked to him a couple of times. He was a cool old schooler. We'll miss him. Hugh and V

19. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Glenn:
    Those are also great shots. Thats my wife Sharon greeting Bill back to the pits. He was ready to go again but we had an oil leak and then the rain said O, no you don't .
    Don

20. Terry

Terry

What a shock, I met him only once at the drags, but could tell he was a good soul. God speed Bill.

21. SHRUM

SHRUM

Photo my wife took from the drags. His run was the most memoriable of the drags. Sorry for your loss.

Attached Files:

• bill.jpg
      bill.jpg
      File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
  22. BELLM

BELLM

Truly a great loss, you guys have brought a lot of joy to a lot of people with that car, a gift to everyone who has ever had the pleasure of seeing the car and meeting you guys.. Thank you both, my condolences to you all and his family.

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

He was a real great guy and passed along knowledge to the young guys, at least when I met him.......Godspeed......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. I first met Bill back when NSRA had the southwest nats. at Bear Creek.We were parked by each other and ch 5 news put our cars and Bills interview on the nightly news. Heck of a nice guy and will be missed by many. Richard

25. Dirty2

Dirty2

Don , I cant belive it. I really dont know what to say. He always wanted a hug from Danyelle. He even gave her the keys so many times to his car. He came to the shop with pictures of his old fuel dragsters , chain driven blowers, and so many storys. He will be missed big time. I am a loss for words.. What ever we can do just let me know. I will call tomorrow.
    Danny

26. Glen

Glen

His excitement at the hamb drags was awesome. It definitely was a hit at the show.

[​IMG]

27. Very sorry to hear,a great loss.That smiling face,say's so much about the exuberence and passion he had for the sport and hobby.Condolences to his family.

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is a huge loss, my heart goes out to his family and friends.

29. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I spoke, briefly, with him at the Kontinental's Day of the Drags. It was shortly after the photos were taken at Mokan. He was supporting the Scorpion right after it made an exhibition run and I stopped him to ask if he was the same kid I'd seen in the pictures. He grinned from ear to ear and nodded. It was an honor to shake his hand.

Don,
    It's a great thing you all do, sharing such a treasure with the rest of us. We all share a little piece of your loss, now. I hope you and Bill's family can feel this community behind you.

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I was so excited when I got to see the Scorpion Run at DOTD and when I saw
    Bill I knew that this man was a RULER!! it was nice to see him run it and I wish I would of talked to him...Sad that he passed...My condolences go out to
    his friends and family..

GodSpeed Bill...RIP