Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atlanta pinstripers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oddrod46, Dec 19, 2006.

1. dust'n'rust

dust'n'rust
    from georgia

I moved to Dawsonville in 93 or so and Top Hat used to come to the local show to stripe cars. I remember his little red wagon. I was only about 10. Can't remember when he passed.

Conway's pretty good but he's driving trucks now. Not sure how much he's even painting anymore.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. tpw35

tpw35

Hot Rod Walt out of Jackson did mine.

Attached Files:

3. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Fenyo passed about ten years ago. Lived just a few miles from me, just outside of Toccoa. Did some really nice werk.

4. Buckster

Buckster

I've seen some work done by a fellow named Brian Papa-Business name PaPa's Striping phone 678-948-5222

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Contact edweird on here. He is in walterboro,sc. Hell of a guy.

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Doesn't seem like it was that long ago!
    My son is 18, and we had Mark pinstripe his little league batting helmet. Andrew wanted it suede black with ruby red scallops, so I did that, and the we carried it around until we saw Mark at a show. Handed it to him, he looked at Andrew and said "Let's do something spectacular."

Coolest batting helmet in the district.

I also remember him hitting on my wife a bit... Interesting old coot, for sure!
    Another time it was too windy to pinstripe, so he was talking to my wife, and then just said matter-of-factly "Well, I'm going to go home and get high. See you next time."

-Brad

7. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Their is a helmet on display in Dawsonville at Thunder Road that belonged to Gordon Jones and he said the MAD STRIPER did it for him.

8. GA-Thunder300

GA-Thunder300

I used to work with Jack "The Mad Striper" Baldwin in 1969 -71, before I went into the USMC.
    At the time, he had a shop on Memorial Drive, about a mile east of I-285, across the street from the Shoney's Big Boy Restaurant. And Jack lived not too far away, off of Rockbridge Road. On Friday and Saturday nights, Shoney's was The Place for Cruising ... and Jack would put up a temp. Stage out front and let local Bands come and play, and we would get a CROWD of cars and bikes! Jack would stroke the cars, and I would do bikes and helmets and whatever else they wanted. If they wanted a helmet that matched their car, I would go and sit next to the car and 'miniaturize' one or 2 of Jack's Highlights. By about 11:30pm or so, several guys had 'arranged' Match Races for out on Stone Mtn. Freeway. Jack and I would finish up whatever we were working on, and set appts. during the week for whoever we didn't get to. Jack would 'close up' and I would jump in my Black over Red '64 GTO -- that Jack has gorgeously lettered and striped as "The Black Widow" with a giant thinly outlined Black Widow Spider on the trunk lid, and me and the Spider built up a pretty good reputation around DeKalb and down at the Varsity -- and I would head to the Races with the crowd. I would often have a Race or 2 of my own lined up, too...
    One night, Hubert Platt trailered his Race Car down to our Shop, and with the permission and help of a couple of DeKalb Police, Hubby did a couple of Burn-Outs in the middle of Memorial Drive!
    By total coincidence I later met Hubby's Ex-Wife Bea, and Hubby Jr. and the whole rest of the Family, and we still talk on FaceBook from time to time...

9. Adam F Gatch

Adam F Gatch

10. Adam F Gatch

Adam F Gatch

Yes, I had the Mad Striper strip my 1968 Ford Torino. He painted a Bull on the deck lid and signed it.
    I was working at Taber Pontiac in Atlanta at the time. If you are interested, I have a picture of the Bull.

11. Sonnysideup

Sonnysideup

Does anyone remember Dandy Don in Acworth Georgia? He did two different cars for me, in the early 90s.