Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser ladder bars! What a joke!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitey70ss, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

Well I purchased a set of 60 inch "gasser ladder bars" (it's what he called them) from Kermit Andrew. He sells these on E-B** , I payed my $328 dollars and what I recieved was unbelievable. The bottom tube on the one bar was cut too short and the bung was "welded" the end of the tube. Not even countersunk :confused:. The welds on these ladder bars are some of the worst I have seen. I cannot believe people would sell stuff like this, let alone put someone's life at risk.

I have tried to resolve this with him and he told me NO REFUNDS for "good" parts. I wouldnt put these on my wheelbarrow, let alone a race car. Please beware who you purchase parts from, this guy should'nt be allowed within 50ft of a welder.:mad::mad:

Attached Files:

2. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

:eek::eek: Scary for sure :eek::eek:

If you paid with paypal, you may still have options

3. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

Yep I contacted Paypal. This guy is not being very cooperative. I asked him if he would put them on a 700hp car and go 9 seconds with them and his response was YES.

4. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

Oh yeah one other thing, I believe he was trying to sell his "ladderbars" on here too!

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I am at a loss for words.

6. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

If you paid with Pay Pal or credit card call them at once, I am pretty sure you have 45 days, also contact EBAY. I have had a couple of issues, one was a scoop I ordered the guy told me it was shipped, a week later he told me it was going out Monday, etc, etc, I contacted EBAY, and Pay Pal, who both told me to try working with the guy so I did, well after a while I gave up contacted EBAY, and PAY PAL, who both said it was past 45 days and they couldn't do anything. Well any time I pay with PAY PAL I use my credit card, so I called them they stopped the payment, and I got my money back. The funny thing is if the guy with the scoop had been up front and said he was out of stock, and would be making more I would have waited, it was over three years ago and the scoop is still hanging on my wall ( the one I bought elsewhere) in my garage.

7. Noland

Noland

wow, Ive you never seen someone put a round bung in a square tube. But the those pictures prove it can be done. good luck getting your money back.

8. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

This guy is now telling paypal I was unsure of the length and that is my issue, there is nothing wrong with the bars. LOL He must be blind also.

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

12 year old chinese girls can weld better than that.

10. who welded those??????????ray charles or helen keller
    those are terrible.
    damn?!

11. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Thank you for the pics. It proves that I am not the worst welder!!! Maybe the second but not the worst!

12. I now have faith in my welds!
    Seriously, keep pushing on PP and EB. If this guy can't produce some sort of weld certs, he has no real creds. What sort of pics did he use in his adds? If they don't match-push on misleading ads.
    Good luck
    RB

13. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

that is funny!

14. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Wow, that's pathetic. I'd be embarrased. Can you send those pics into Paypal? Anyone could tell that is horrid.

15. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

ray was welding , helen set the machine.

16. Smilin Jack

Smilin Jack

WOW, never seen anything like that and I 've seen it all.

17. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

Im glad to see I wasn't over reacting.

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I would explain to Ebay these are not as advertised and a safety issue. Ebay seems to want to protect the buyers more than the sellers these days so I would take advantage of that and become the squeeky wheel. Also,. buyers are able to put in negative feedback whereas sellers are not, so there is another avenue.

Those are pure junk !

Don

19. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

I wonder how many sets he has sold.

20. My experience was pay pal would only act if you didn't receive the goods. They told me they couldn't do anything about quality. Buyer beware. Once I told me I had what the guy sold me they cut bait.

Those are hilarious. That is criminal.

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Those are gross. Paypal should take care of you.

22. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

This has been my situation several times. They dont care what you recieved only that you received something. Doesnt matter if complete or damaged. Once they know you received something they are done. Dispute with cc company and call it done.

23. What is his ebay name? Im not seeing his ads......

24. HILLBILLY HOT RODS

HILLBILLY HOT RODS

If that end looks thet good what the other end look like , save your own life and please don't use that scrap metal on your car .

25. Contact Paypal. They took care of me on a similer problem. Send pictures and push push push.

26. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

SOOO did he have a pic in ad?? If so you should have been able to see that shit from even a small pic. if no pic. why spend 328 bucks not knowing what your getting?

27. He should be beat with them. Send me some bungs and I'll make you some for $100!

28. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Did the pictures in the ad on ebay look like that? If not, ebay will refund your money for false advertisement. If you push the issue between ebay and paypal, you will get your $$ back. Be prompt on returning the parts though. Don't give him the chance to say you were slacking on your end.

This info is from my experience.

Oh yeah, those are fucking terrible...!

29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pics in the ad or not, this is in no way the buyer's fault.

"No refund on good parts."...lol...but those aren't "good" parts!

30. sololobo

sololobo

With the internet the cottage industries have boomed, and it is easy to represent yourself as a valid company, beware. That product is pathetic at best, dealing with our friends e-bay and pay-pal ain't easy when it comes to money from them. Good luck with this bad deal! ~sololobo~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.