Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Cool Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Elvis, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstlYdYJorQ

Don't know if ya'll have ever seen this....I've seen it probably 6 or 7 times. But this short film was made in 1953 and sponsored by Mobil Gas Company. It shows real footage of early 50's hot rods, drag races, and the Indy 500. My favorite car is that 32 3 window.

Another neat fact....one of my best friends remembered this when I told him about it last year. He then told me that the filming company contacted him to use his then 31 Studebaker 5 window hot rod for the car that got hit by the train:eek: But he declined since he put so much work into it and was proud of it.

-Cody

2. really enjoyed that, thanks.

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Does anyone know if this is available on DVD? Gary

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

"Slop ups" and "shot rods".:DEven the putdowns were cooler back then. I'd only seen little segments before now, glad to see the thing in its entirety.
    Thanks a lot for that
    Paul

6. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Ya'll are welcome....I'm just spreadin' the love! lol

7. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Man that was too much! What it must have been like to live back then? Kids driving three window Deuce Coupes to school or open a drag strip and have people show up to hangout and race without a multimillion dollar insurance policy. We have lost our way. Thanks for posting the link!