Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the Jalapeno roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleet-master, Dec 21, 2010.

1. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi there everyone....well after being on here for a few months and having a great time reading all your awesome threads ...I thought i would post some pics of my Track T build in progress.
    I've been around the rodding scene here in Dunedin NZ for a bit over 24yrs and have been planning on building a track T for quite a while.
    So this is my effort to date..I'm a panelbeater/coachbuilder with 20 odd years under my belt so i got this far ok ..but its been sitting now for around 3yrs due to lack of funds after the wheels fell off my marriage...oh well.. shit happens!
    Anyway I figure if I start a build thread ..y'all might help keep me truckin on with this hot little number...:D:D
    I apologise for the poor quality of the pics I took early on . They were taken with my old minolta 35mm ,but hopefully you'll get the idea
    The chassis is 3x2 x1/8 box with simple body mounts,tri-angulated for link rear and stainless IFS with an Indy car feel
    The body is scratch built based on some patterns i took off an old fibre 23 T-bucket and proceeded to modify...
    I guess i should shut up now and just post more pics! lol

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  2. fleet-master

fleet-master

heres some more...

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  3. fleet-master

fleet-master

and a couple more...

Attached Files:

4. ratfink56

ratfink56

your metal shaping skills are awesome.

5. Wow! You have some terrific panelbeater skills, mate. That is a sweet looking T.
    Love how you moved the turtle deck up and I must add that your IFS is about the only one I've seen on a T-Bucket that I think really looks good. It's going to be a great looking Track T. Tell us more about what kind of power plant you're planning.
    I'm impressed.

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks guys! At this stage I'm lookin at using my '66 327/300 with fuelies and poss a quad weber set up on it ...not sure on trans ...the tunnel was built with a T350 sittin in place but I probably should put a manual box in the car...:cool:;)
    another option is a 283 and '57 3speed ...(or as unhamb friendly as it is maybe an LT1 injected motor..!)

7. fitzee

fitzee

This is sweet. I love scratch built rod rods.The scale looks right.Any pics of the nose??I`ll be watching this. To me a car build of my own is like therapy. When I`m down and out a day at something of my own make everything better.Time to finish this puppy.

8. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Great build, I to thought the IFS was a bad choice. But you made it work, Indy inspired for sure.

And, not that it matters, But I vote for the 3 spd or maybe 5 speed.

Jeff

9. octobeak

octobeak

I'm impressed, it takes oodles of skill and determination to scratch build like you've done, keep up the excellent work!

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

has anyone used foam bricks in their fuel tank at all? and are they any good?

also I'm keen for some input on shaping up windscreen posts if you guys have any good ideas...I've thought about makin a mould and having them sand cast but maybe theres an easier way?

12. Nice project. Metal work is outstanding.

13. hasty

hasty

Wow, fantastic skills.

14. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Very cool. Nice shapes you're poundin out there!

15. Sweet project!

About the windscreen; I recall a thread where the guy fabricated a Duvall or Hallock style frame from sheet metal welded together. He formed the channels separate and welded on the faces. Turned out real nice.

Maybe someone can find it for us.

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice stuff. Keep us posted. Gary

17. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks heaps for the positive comments guys! I've done a bit of a search for windscreen posts incl havin a search of bobbleed's threads but have'nt found too much as yet...so the hunt continues!! :)

18. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Absolutely excellent!!! The panel beater skills you have are sure showing up in this one. Be sure to keep us informed as the build goes on.

Frank

20. RAY With

RAY With

Looks like you got it going your way so hang in there this time and geterdone!

21. that is gonna be a sweet car when its done :D

22. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi guys n gals...I haven't had much joy sussung out how other folk make their windsheild staunchions....anyone?
    also I'd LOVE some input into the foam bricks used in fuel tanks ..i think instead of baffles.? I'm thinkin it might be a good way to make my tank safer being as how its only got a layer of sheetmetal to protect it...
    thanks in advance PB :)

23. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Cool Kar! keep up the good work got a buddy with a Track Tee with a real Offy in it, sounds and looks bitchin. Another vehicle that is timeless.

24. Very nice, i was thinking i was going to see a chevy. lol. (due to your user name).
    Nice metalwork skills and thats going to be a great addition to our highways.

25. fleet-master

fleet-master

:) yup i can understand that Kiwipackard..I do have a couple of Fleetmasters and a 57 BelAir....but I'm sure lookin forward to wind-in-the-hair motoring!! and thanks for your compliment !! Hows your Pick up comin along?

26. I once owned a Thriftmaster 48 truck.
    Been working hard out, sanding wood. lol. I did most by hand, then borrowed a belt sander and uncovered a very nice woodgrained Rimu floor. Just headin back out to see if i can damage my shoulder some more, sanding the roof bows underside, hehe.

27. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Hey mate, nice work on the car. Looks great. Keep the progress pics comming. Cant directly help you with the screen or foam for the fuel tank but have some mates that might know so will see what I can find out.
    Cheers.
    Andy.

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks Andy ...sounds cool! i appreciate any help...

29. linkstar69

linkstar69

hope some one chimes in with some info about making windshield posts as I'm keen to see that process too........

30. encswsm

encswsm

Nice Job... You can surely bend some tin....