Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is it safe to receive paypal payment for a truck for sale?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

Paypal....bunch of CROOKS and unsafe to use. I've been burned plenty of times, never on a car though.

2. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Get a wire transfer or cashiers check. Don't use paypal as a "gift" you lose your protection so what is the point? I always have the check clear then deliver. One time I got a cashiers check but delivered before it cleared that was only after calling the guy's loan officer and confirming it was legit, held onto the title until it cleared too.

If the buyer is trustworthy they will trust you as well. If they have a bill of sale and copy of the title they shouldn't have a problem going through the bank and waiting a bit.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when using paypal you have to go in understanding you may well lose both your item and your money.

other than that minor flaw it is perfectly safe.

never accept payscam for more than you are willing to lose.

4. chopt31

chopt31

paypal ir GREAT for buyer, SUCKS for seller...

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I would say yes to a Deposit... No to a Full payment..Reason,,,, There is a part in pp that says ( I did not Endorse this payment) . . To many flaws in PPs deal... also the amount you would lose is alot just in fees..Besides,,, PP can retract a payment at any time... theres No Time frame.... a Bank transfer is the way to go... dont give to pp what they Did Not work for..