Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pebble Beach '09 ***PICS***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Aug 19, 2009.

1. You may wanna grab a beer & a sandwich......

Here's a few million bucks worth to be getting along with....

1957 NASH RAMBLER Pinn-Farina 'Palm Beach' concept

[​IMG]

1955 Cadillac Ghia Bodied Coupe

[​IMG]

God awful new Porsche Panamera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1934 Bentley 3 1/2 Litre Thrupp & Maberly Drop Head Coupe

[​IMG]

1938 Bentley 4 1/4 Litre Carlton Drophead Coupe

[​IMG]

1936 Delahaye 135 Competition Figoni et Filaschi Coupe

[​IMG]

1931 Bugatti Type 35A/51 Grand Prix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Money can't buy taste.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

1931 Bugatti Type 51 Dubos Coupe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1937 Wanderer W25K Sports

[​IMG]

Check out the vintage Veedol Oil decal...

[​IMG]

1937 Horch Voll & Ruhrbeck Sport Cabriolet

BEST IN SHOW.....
    [​IMG]

1953 Siata 208CS Stabilimenti Farina Spyder

[​IMG]

Thats merely scratching the surface....I am still titling pictures on Flickr, but if you wanna see some more, there is a slideshow HERE

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

what's up with you guys taking pictures of hats & shoes? :confused:
    knock it off already! :rolleyes:

3. Dave (A32Flathead) ... 'bout time! :rolleyes: ... it's almost Wednesday! :D

Anyway, really nice Phở.jpg Toes.jpg ... thanks for taking the time to post them ... and the link to your slideshow.

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

very nice.
    I see a couple of my old cars in there....:) not.

Can someone 'splain "drop head coupe" was it only used for certian years
    or makes. Same a cabriolet ?

If I was Pebble beaching...what would be the fancy desricption for my 1932 Ford roadster?? (late nite spelling rules!)

5. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Magnificent automobiles and great pictures. Thank you.

6. Shut it....you can't tell me you have already looked through all 512 pics!

Very welcome...The Coach built cars have really long names, it takes forever to type the titles!! The ones in the slideshow were the best of the best...I started with almost 1000 Sunday night!

1932 Ford V8 Roadster I would think....with a Vaphead body :D

7. I'm thinking that my favorite is the 1953 Cunningham C-3 Vignale Convertible ... now, I wonder why that is? ;)

8. Cos its got a Hemi in it perhaps? :rolleyes:

It was a stunner....

9. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

if i hadn't lost my right nut in a old kickboxing injury, i'd gladly give it for that Ghia bodied Cadillac..... That car is even more stunning than the information i just gave you.... :)

Thanks for sharing, Dave. BTW: Is there a dress code to get into that place? Looks like lots of Grey Poupon there...

-scott noteboom

10. Wow ... way too many favorites to list ... and I'll have to admit that the more I look at it, the 1956 Nash~Rambler Palm Beach Concept Coupe (designed & built by Pinin Farina in Italy) is kinda growing on me ... the trunk lid and chromed rear panel are wild.

Oh ... and I gotta ask: What's up with the pic of the '65 GOAT parked in front of the Campbell AQUI's (across the street from the Sonoma Chicken Coop)?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  11. A freaking Pegaso! That's a rare beast. I've never seen one in person and those are the best photos of one I've ever seen.

12. When you are that rich you can afford to dress that bad and not give a f!@#.

13. Lucky444

Lucky444

Overwhelming, had to take a break!

Great photo's.

14. if you thought the bad taste clothes were bad at Pebble beach you should go to Goodwood.....the richer you are the worse the clothes....great pics Dave..

15. maybe thats why we looked so immaculate...cause we`re so fucking poor :D:D:D

at goodwood pastel pinstripe suits and knee length shooting boots were the order of the day

16. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Pretty much. "Drop-head coupé" (note the accent acute) is Drones Club Banter for "convertible". That is, a coupé of which the roof can be opened up, unlike that of a fixed-head coupé. You'll also encounter the acronyms "dhc" and "fhc".

But it's a description of a type rather than any manufacturer's body-style name: a lot of the cars thus described are coachbuilt or even one-offs. It's a very subtle distinction. You can almost say the concept of type is less distinct with these sorts of cars - or even something completely different.

17. it was the guy in the lilac jacket, purple trousers, pink shirt and lilac shoes that made us look good.....and yeah I never really realised just how poor we were!!..and you never even offerd to buy the Champagne..at £350 a bottle!..... (bigging it up now) my A was displayed on the cricket pitch at the 2005 FOS!!!...and Dave I just got to the Cunnigham convertable and the rear shot of the Rambler.....I really think I need that Rambler...but with the Cunningham's HEMI....as as a side issue..Briggs Cunningham once stopped in my house!

18. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks for sharing, remarkable stuff, those Bugattis would be worth the trip alone. Great shots. So thats what rich folk do with their cars, I wonder if they actually drive them, probably hire someone to do that as well.

19. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I'll take that Bugatti in polished aluminum please! Thanks for the pics Dave, I really like those ruby slippers too :rolleyes:

20. sololobo

sololobo

The Veedol Oil decal made my day!! Spectacular machines, pretty stuffy affair but really boss in person. I went to the event when I lived in California and it was a fun experience. Thanks for sharing these rare birds with us, and yes some goofy outfits abound at the show!! ~Sololobo~

21. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Excellant pic's....Thanks

22. Money can't buy taste.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Holy car crash Batman, Commissioner Gordon says The Joker is at the Pebbel Beach Concours d'Elegance!

23. Homemade44

Homemade44

Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.

24. alsancle

alsancle

Great Pictures. Thank you so much.

Guys, don't necessarily assume everyone there is loaded. Many wealthy people wandering around for sure but plenty of non-rich mixed in. Taste is something that you either have or don't and mixing in a bunch of cash doesn't necessarily change that.

25. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Thanks for the great pics...I wish I could have made it this year. The shop I work at did the 53 Siata in your last picture (metalwork, body,paint ) and the owner did all of the assembly (he has enough money to pay but enjoys working on his cars). It was a finalist for Best of Show and also won its class...Very cool car and cool car owner also. Alan

26. alsancle

alsancle

Now that I looked at each and every picture let me just reiterate THANK YOU!

When you see the owner's names on the placards many/most are well known within the car hobby.

27. Not really Scott, I was in my Club Jacket...funny enough, got several of the owners talking about how they were old hot rodders before they got into 'old cars' and a couple even lurk on here :D

28. Thats what happens when you leave the pc uploading the hundreds of pics & walk the dog & see a GTO & upload via cellphone camera then don't realise its in the set till someone points it out... :D

Theres also a bright pink DONK equipped Buick in there too...but not for long!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

was this Sammy Hagar? gonna grab me a bowl of Cheerios and have a look at the slideshow. yeah.. I'm at work right now. it's a tough job, but someone has to do it

[​IMG]

30. Dunno..don't know who he is anyway