Register now to get rid of these ads!

New years day garage tour 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JustplainJ, Jan 1, 2009.

1. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

2. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

3. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

4. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

[​IMG]

so for the guys that are snowed in right now... here's the drive home to sunny palm springs!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  5. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

6. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Oh' I think I just wet myself....Scooter did you see this??

7. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

How long have you lived in PSP? I left there in 05' after 40 years of fun.

8. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

thats a hand made alum. daytona body! so are all the cobra body's this guy does perfect metal work!

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

JPJ, thanks for this outstanding coverage of the cruise. I missed it this year for the first time since 2000, but you've helped re-create it for me.

Incidentally, regarding Tucker's collection: Kenny died several years ago. It's his widow, and I believe his kids, who are maintaining the collection and still opening it for events like this. The immaculate '64 Falcon Squire is hers, and she still brings it to occasional cruises and stuff. Wouldn't you love to know that somebody would take care of your shit like that after you're gone?

10. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

50fraud, thanks! this tour has been going on for 24 years! yeah thats a great collection it would take days to really look at everything he has! and yes it would be nice to have your family take care of your collection after your gone instead of selling it all!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

thank you for your time & great pix ................ steve

12. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

moved here from the beach in 1992

13. Thanks for the post. I went, but in my new years morning after haze, forgot my camera. Best new years day a guy can have...Thanks to all the guys who opened their places for us.

14. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

O.K., I have found a new love! In post number 21, I WANT THAT LT. BLUE '57 PONTIAC (not to mention Cal Cowboy's avatar...YIKES!)! O.K., I'm better now...

Cool pics! Wish the weather around here (NW Wa.) would allow us to do stuff like this at this time of year!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  15. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I concure Sir!
    I am building a Daytona coupe after my truck is finished.....After seeing this I think if I can sell off my first born. I might be able to afford one. This guy have a price on these bodies?

16. I gotta come home for a visit. So cool.

17. Great job JPJ! Glad you figured out your pic problem. Rusty Rod told me about this event,and I wanted to go,but it didn't happen. Now,I can only look forward to next year....

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for all the photos, and special thanks to the folks that opened up their collections. That would be a great thing to do in other areas of the contry. Happy New Year!

19. barney rubble

barney rubble

Is this the guys that had a TV show a couple of years ago? This stuff looks familiar.:cool:

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1.

Looks like a great time. Thanks for posting up the pics.

21. Thank you for your great effort to capture some of this tour - you guys have a wonderful time each year no doubt. I always look forward to seeing some pictures.
    Al

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't think it's been mentioned before, but one of the coolest parts of this event is the map that's drawn by Hot Wheels designer Larry Wood each year. It's been something that each participant sees (and probably keeps) but I've never seen one posted publicly before. The first post in this thread is this year's edition.

They are always amazingly complete and easy to follow, and are humorously written and drawn by Larry. If he hadn't been a hot rodder, he could have been a great cartographer!

23. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Wow great pics.

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

You've gotta love pallets of all aluminum 427 FE Ford engines. Damn...

Great pics.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

25. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Is this an invite only deal? Because, I sure would like to go for next years.

26. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

it's open to anyone.... this was my first year!

27. I wanna live at ELWOODS

28. yeah he got alota the stuff from the aircraft graveyards here in tucson....story was one of the guys on the show died and it feel apart after that,killer work.......I gotta get a map and drive over next year,a guy that also worked for Simms "Little John" had told me about this damn 1st thing to do in 2010

29. barney rubble

barney rubble

Thanks Meat. I think I remember that now that you mentioned it. That would be a cool day but it aint ever gonna happen for me living in Indiana.:mad::mad::mad:

30. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

socal pete, He was just one of the stops on the tour I don't know anything about him.... but a Daytona body gonna be 30k + and a year to do I would think.... it was Mcluskeys metal art on wheels on Madison st.@ the Hawthorne airport... hope this helps.