Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atlanta pinstripers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oddrod46, Dec 19, 2006.

1. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

looking to get a dash striped anyone local?

2. slamdpup

slamdpup

contact ..chazin ..he's on the hamb....he is the best around the georgia area ..aleast the best that i have found..what ever you do dont let TOP HAT(mike fenyo) do it..he sucks and it will flake off after a while

3. I second Chastin, he's from Butler Ga. and works out of his dad's shop. I may be biased (he did my car) but his work F'n rocks...

[​IMG]

4. And the rear...
    [​IMG]

5. Gator

Gator

There's a guy named Gaucho down your way who's pretty good, I have his number here somewhere...

6. T-Bone

T-Bone

Yeah, but TOP HAT will stripe your car front to back for a couple of slim joints...he even includes his signature fingerprint for free!

7. Jamie (Metalflaked60) isn't local, but you might get him to make a road trip.

8. I'd get Gaucho to do it... ask him to bring his lovely girlfriend along for inspiration :D

I've got his card around somewhere too.

BLB likes this.
  9. I have been traveling down to Bremen,Ga to bigOstreetrods also known as Oneal Dodge.They call me when they have about 4 or 5 to do and I drive down for the day.

Attached Files:

10. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Tony Davis in Lawrenceville. He's been in the same location for 20+ years. 770-962-6363. He did the lettering and striping on my coupe both times it was painted.

11. Sounds like we need an Atlanta Panel Jam.

12. This is good to know.

13. or purse jam or cooler jam.....haha just fucking with you...

14. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Who's car was it that Top Hat striped "Teen Angle" (NOT Teen Angel)on? Yikes. I have a guitar that needs striping, and was going to use the guy in Marietta that Josh knows. I don't have a name or number yet. I think he's the guy that did that Lakewood Special they did on the biker build off. I saw a tank he striped up at Josh's the other day. Super straight lines. Don't know his prices either.

Z

15. There might be something under the Christmas tree for you... if you're good.

16. your still in town???? when are you leaving??? what ya doing tonight?

17. I got back from Toronto on Sunday, leaving for Vancouver this Sunday.

Pinstriping a purse, maybe :D What's up?

18. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Any of you guys remember a striper from the 60's from Atlanta that was called the Mad Striper.
    He signed his work:
    Mad Striper
    Baldwin
    Atlanta, Ga.
    He used to come over to S.C. and stripe cars and did really good work.

19. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Hot Rod Walt does it.He is in Jackson Ga

20. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

the Mad Striper was an old guy back when I was in my early 30s (I'm 64 now). Probably not around any more.

21. Yeah ... I remember his work well. He was good!

Do any of you also remember Buddy Ashmore? He was also top notch striper in the Atlanta area. I was asking someone about him not too long ago. I was told that he is still around and will still do pinstriping.

22. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Brian Papa is / was very good. But he has moved to the west coast, his wife got transferred with her work. He was doing Brian Fullers work, may still be.

Bill Ingram is in the Smyrna area. But it can be hard to pin him down and IMO pricey. But he does do very nice work.

The Mad Striper is dead and gone. A buddy owns one of the last trucks he did.

Brandon from down around Carrolton can lay down some pretty nice licks for the price.

23. 63comet

63comet

Wasn't Mad Striper and Top Hat the same guy?

Top Hat did my car shortly before he passed away and I'm quite happy with it. Nothing has flaked off, some has worn off due to never getting clear coated and me not taking particularly good care of my paint.

He told me that when he first started striping under his (uncle?) that the first job they worked was Doug new 63 Comets at a dealer. I always wondered if that was true or he adjusted that story for whatever old car he was striping.

24. 29moonshine

29moonshine

when did Top Hat pass? he did my nova dash about 20 yrs ago still looks good

25. There was a post on here awhile back(I think by Anthony White)that told of his passing.Might be under Mark Fenyo.

26. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Ok, it seems that the Mad Striper has passed away. Does anyone know his name? I thought it might be Baldwin since he signed his work that way. Come on now don't just say you remember, tell us what you remember. Post pictures of his work if you have them.

27. 63comet

63comet

I seem to remember when Fenyo passed away seeing an obit in one of the biker rags that referred to him as The Mad Striper? At the time I wondered if he used a different nom de plume depending on the scene.

28. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

There is a guy by the name of ronnie edwards, has a shop at lakewood, went by the name of "the sign man" think he did the wall at thunder rd in dawsonville also.

BLB likes this.
  29. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

I don't know if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I got some info from what I believe to be a very credible source. I had some people tell me that the Mad Striper was the same guy known as Top Hat or Mad Hatter, Mark Fenyo. Well I questioned that because the Mad Striper signed his work Mad Striper, Baldwin, Atlanta Ga. I talked with Harvey and Wayne Richardson and they said the Mad Striper's name was Jack Baldwin. The Mad Striper used to come to Harvey's shop to stripe cars in the 60's.
    I was at Gear Jam at Atlanta Dragway Saturday and noticed some pin striping on Hubert Platt's original A/FX falcon. I asked Hubert if the Mad Striper did the striping and he said yes he did. I asked did he remember his name. He said, "hell yeah, he used to live in my house. His name is Jack Baldwin."
    So I am convinced the name of the Mad Striper from Atlanta in Jack Baldwin.

BLB likes this.