Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Unknown Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

That is a cute little "T" Where the hell do you come up with this stuff? I love it.

3. Was a pretty well known Pacific Northwest car. Albert Drake had mentioned it a few times in his articles and books. The Northwest including Vancouver and Victoria, BC, were and still are a hot bed of rods and customs. Many a fine car came from that area. Pat.

4. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

The name sounds familiar, wonder where it is now!

5. I happen to have that issue of R&C from way back when. I've always thought it was a pretty cool rod, especially being channeled and full-fendered. It would be interesting to find out where this one ended up...

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll bet that this little roadster was more representative of what was actually being used on the roads than some of those spit and polish magazine cars. Being privilaged to be around several rods from that era with my dad being in the Air Force and traveling all over the country I remember a lot more of this apperance than the typical chromed magazine car.

Frank

7. That was one of my favorite cars of the era;the styling is timeless.I happen to like the paint job as well.What amazed me was how he managed to fit everything under the hood.

8. Bodger45

Bodger45

My new favorite R-P-U.

9. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ryan, This is one kool "T" Hot Rod" ! I even like the simple but dated scallops. For being owner built it is a nice ride for the day.

10. Great little RPU, very well proportioned. That R&C feature wasn't the first time Bud's RPU was featured it was a 2pg feature car in the May 1952 Hot Rod, right at the back though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. autobilly

autobilly

You're rite, ignore the distracting paint job and the stance and form become more apparent. Cool.
    [​IMG]
    (courtesy of jimmybarter.com )

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  12. Hawaiianstyle

Hawaiianstyle

I bet i would burn the crap out of myself on those headers :D

13. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Being a local rodder, i'd love to hear anymore info on this rig. it has some very cool elements. it'd be neat to do a "where are they now" update. anybody local have any info on this?

14. billys54

billys54

thats one cool little T

15. couverkid

couverkid

I believe that was later featured in hot rod in the early 60s owned by Johnny hart of vancouver,wa. Had some changes.

16. saltracer219

saltracer219

Bud Parham was a very well known N.W. race car builder and fabricator and racer. Among other things he built the Parham Quick change rear axle.

17. oldstriper

oldstriper
    Member Emeritus

The car is rumored to still exist. Located in Beaverton, Oregon owned by one of the Donacka brothers.