Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 29 Ford Roadster Pickup Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Finally got my 29 Rpu on duece rails running and it made it's debut appearance at the HOTROD-A-RAMA. Had to bring it in on a ramp truck but with the help of Marty Lackner of NW Speed Equipment we got it going and I was able to drive it around.Had one really embarrassing moment when I gunned it in front of the beer garden and a freeze plug in the head shot out and I soaked the crowd. Thankfully the coolant was not hot yet. I got 13 miles on it and a whole punchlist of things to address. Was hoping to drive it to B-Ville but that will have to be next year. I will be heading down with a couple of other guys anyways. Here are a few pics.

2. 1st pic

Attached Files:

3. 2nd pic. Hallock windshield, 324 Olds 37 Cad la-Salle trans, 65 Ford 8 inch out of a Mustang

Attached Files:

4. 3rd pic Bed is all handmade (just about everythung is)

5. 3rd pic Bed is all handmade (just about everything is) 18.7 gallon tank Taillights are 40 chevy front marker lights(kinda)

Attached Files:

6. 4th pic Seat frames are from a 58 Bugeye Sprite with custom pads. That is a grab bar to help you get in and out in the center of seats.

Attached Files:

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Great to see it "finished".

I've been watching all your build up threads and seen pics of it @ hotrodarama, and just love your work.

I had a roadster p/up, and used to look @ yours for inspiration.

Good one [​IMG]

Cheers

Attached Files:

8. 5th pic 41 Willys dash with gauges behind left glove box. Gauge pod is just some wierd piece I found at a swap. Steering wheel has a a quick disconnect and is off a some boat.

Attached Files:

9. that thing is downright neat. you should be very proud of that car. very cool.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That's one nice RPU. Bet your glad to finally get it out and running.

Frank

11. 6th pic

Attached Files:

12. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Great. Frickin As! Very nice rods.
    -Crew

13. 7th pic

Attached Files:

14. Dale I love that truck sorry i couldnt make it this year steve called and rubbed it in how great it was

15. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what's the story on the horn button?

Attached Files:

16. Thanks for the response. I still have some paint touch up and a drivers door to repair.I had a lot of help to get it to the show. I'll hook up with you soon enough Johnny, maybe at BP. Three and a half years of hard work and more money than I figured but it's gettin' close. Will hit the punchlist after B-Ville. Dale

17. That Kicks MAJOR ass!

18. Paul, That is an old gambling coin that my dad found out at the Starlight Swap. It fit like it was meant to be. I just JB'ed that sucker on there. Sorry I didn't catch up with you at the show. We should get together in a couple of weeks and I will come and see your stuff.

19. zonkola

zonkola
    from NorCal

Lots of cool details on that RPU. Nice work!

20. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Is it a stick or hydro? I really wanted to run a 324 in mine but had only had them with hyros and I wanted a stick until I seen what a bizarre set up Olds used. Well a flatty came along meantime so maybe the next rod will be an Olds. By the way, nice job, I hope mine turns out half that good.

21. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

that's really nice,i like how the look is real simplistic even though there are some very complex details....looks very thought out.

22. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

BEAUTIFUL JOB all the way through.
    It looks like now it's time to enjoy all the hard work you put in. Congrats!

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Beautiful work. Very creative! Great stance too!

24. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Well, that's only the SECOND pair of Gotha Olds valve covers I've ever seen!

25. Very Nice!!!!
    Clark

26. Macronan

Macronan

Great Work! Very subtle.

27. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

How did you run the exhaust through the frame like that? Does it float inside the tube? Does it rattle? Nice truck.

28. the-rodster

the-rodster

Super details on that truck!!

29. Rocket88

Rocket88

Man it sure has come along way from the last time I saw it!
    It looks great Dale, the stance is killer.
    I'm glad my parts went to a worthy cause. [​IMG]

30. Will respond to everyone after B-Ville. See ya!!!!!