Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2012 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Thanks Ryan...That was great day of racing and a really fun weekend.

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

show me the pictures!!

4. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Great job, Ryan. The Hamb Drags is my favorite get-together of the year. It's all about the socializing with fellow hot rod folks. I've gotten to meet some fun people at this event. Looking forward to number eleven!

5. squirrel

squirrel

Thank you ryan

6. bulldogcustomchrome

bulldogcustomchrome

This was my first yeat at the HAMB drags.I had a great time watching my friend race his dad several times (Ford vs Chevy- father vs. son).I will definitely be back next year, hopefully with my wife and my 62 Falcon.This gave me the motivation I needed to get cracking on the car this winter.Thanks for a great event.

7. bulldogcustomchrome

bulldogcustomchrome

BTW- Ford won every time. Just saying.

8. Sure it was a blast! Sorry I had to miss it, but to make you feel better, haven't done much of shit since the last one I was at! Time to rest!

9. Thumbs up...

Sam

10. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

It was a blast Ryan. We plan on coming back next year.

11. titus

titus

It was a kickass time! And we finally got some numbers to go with Coolhandluke's car, it pulled a 12.47 with bad .400 ish reaction time! next year it will have a posi and maybe some ballast wieght, well try for hi 11s

It did get a little weird saturday night, my buddies were hangin out at the bar where the guy got murdered, crazy deal.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  12. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Once again...incredible show Ryan ! Thanks for puttin it on and thanks to all the help that made it go so smooth! We're already planning next yrs drive up!!!

13. Flippin fantastic weekend. Never stopped smiling the whole time. The Alliance Auction will be back next year and better than ever. Thanks Ryan.

14. tjmercury

tjmercury

Thanks for putting on a great event for all of us to come out and play!

15. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

We had a blast:)

Br
    Kjell

Norway!

16. moefuzz

moefuzz

Congrates! it sounds like it was a great success!
    In reading the editorial I can't help but reflect upon our local clubs 1st ever drags (few weeks back) and how the guys made it happen in spite of the naysayers.
    For us the good news is that it went off without a hitch and there will be a second annual drags (hopefully with many more to follow).

To All The Guys Behind The Scenes -Ford, Chevy and Dodge Guys,
    To All The Club Members & Gear-Heads Alike,
    To All Wives and Sisters, Dad's and Uncles And Even To The Local Establishment
    - Thanks -

It takes a whole lot of team work to pull off just your first initial event,
    little own do it for ten straight years.

Congrates To all involved......

(I can't wait to see every bodies pics/video)

17. I think it is the Best event on the HAMB...!

This is the Best video to describe the HAMB Drags from 2008... but you get the feel and the Vibe of the event!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qaEwhQ14Gd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  18. This was my 8th time there and it was my most fun one yet. I talked and visited with more people than ever. The group of guys from Cheridon Iowa took me in like I was a long lost friend. We shared a lot of laughs and more liquid refreshment than I normally drink. Everybody that I dealt with that was connected with the event went out of their way to smile and treat you as family from the guys at the gate to the ladies in the t-shirt tent, everybody was super. And to top it all off, every time I saw you out and about, you had a smile a mile wide. Obviously, this is a labor of love. Thank you for letting us have such a great outlet.
    Later,
    Dick

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I look forward to the HAMB Drag Nationals every year right after Bonneville.......Thanks again..........Pushrod on Friday night were GREAT!!!

See you next year.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

20. #9 for us, and another great day and Drags. Thank You Ryan and gang for the time and effort you put forth every year!

21. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

22. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks for doing this each year, RYAN... seriously... it's a good thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Really cool pic. This wouldn't be a bad calender candidate!

[​IMG]

24. Ryan,
    The wife says thanks for getting me out of the house. She still tells everyone that you only do the drags for me. :D

Aside from a little exitement up at the shooty shooty, stabby stabby Saturday nite was about as layed back as I have ever seen it. Good times with good friends, life just doesn't get any better than that. :cool:

Thanks again friend, you done good. ;)

25. It was awesome, Thanks!!!

26. thanks for the party. It's been awhile since I was able to make it and had a great time.
    Ran my fastest pass in the Aquamino and had a great time.

The two Aussies I met were great, hope the rest of their trip goes well.

27. Let me add my thanks, as well. We had a great time Friday night and Saturday. This wasn't our 1st and it certainly won't be our last. See ya next year...

28. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Ryan, thanks to you & everyone for putting on a great event & allowing us to really have some laid-back fun.

29. Had fun. Will be back next year fo sho.

30. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah, the gate – definitely helps dial in the bullshit detector. Always amazed at how many racers manage to accidentally pack their "tools and tires" into a tiny late model full of friends and family. Busted. :)

And thanks to everyone for having patience as we tried to get everyone though the proper lines and off of the highway. Next year I'm bringing white gloves and a whistle.