Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Y-Block Fords get some air time. I'm gonna be on TV!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm gonna be on TV! A British film crew was at El Mirage on July 11 and wanted to interview me while I was waiting to make my first run. The show is Mobil 1 the Grid and it will air Sept 3rd on the Speed Channel at 11:30 pm EST. Check your local listings, Make sure you watch. :D

I'll be in the "Yellow Brick"

Here's the last email I got. ;)

Tim,

I'm disappearing from the office for a while, but we've edited the El Mirage feature and I just wanted to tell you when it was airing on TV.

...Our schedules changed a little and Mobil 1 The Grid containing the El Mirage feature will now air in early September. My SPEED channel schedule says that the episode containing the El Mirage feature will premier on 09/03/10 at 23.30 ET. However, please do check the listings a little nearer the time just in case SPEED change the time. Mobil 1 The Grid airs every Friday on SPEED.

I understand that the show is repeated on SPEED at various points over the weekend. We will also run the story on our website - www.grid1.tv - the feature will be available from Monday 6 September.

I hope the feature does justice to the sport of Land Speed Racing!

Thanks again for contributing to the feature.

Kind regards,
    Malcolm

[​IMG]

2. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

way to go man right place at the right time and good luck at bville

3. Thanks Ray!

They asked me to send my "In cab footage" to add to the interview.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1Dtey2hnd0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E1Dtey2hnd0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Congrats Tim! I'll be watching for it. Rocky

5. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Congrats! I love the yellow brick

6. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Congrats. Neat video.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That's awesome, Tim --- Congrats!!

Malcolm

8. Redlined

Redlined
    from SoCal

Best of luck. Congrats on the air time.

9. I think I may use this thread for my roadtrip to Bonneville too. I'm leaving right now and I will not have an internet hook-up that I know of. I'm stoping at BIGREDTODDs on the way maybe I can relay pix and info via cell phone to him and he can post. What do ya think Todd? See ya in a couple of hours. ;)

If you see me on the highway give a squeez on you hooter as you pass. ;)
    [​IMG]

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thats the best. I'm waaaaay lovin that truck.
    Gotta ask though, Did the fly at 1:12 make the whole run?

11. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I was watching that video a couple times.....

Damn, it takes some balls to push the Yellow Brick up to speed on the salt.

I have to admire you guys who have the drive to take on the salt that way.

Big thumbs up!!

Awesome!

:D

12. Works for me, Tim!

See you in a bit...

13. Well, Tim is well on the way after some Newcastle, bench racing, and Chinese food at casa de BIGREDTODD last night...not sure what time he got to Pollock Pines last night, but well on his way now:
    [​IMG]

If you've never been to Winnemucca, you probably just didn't notice...
    [​IMG]

14. No, he took off before the door was shut. I think the engine scared him.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  15. Here's the video from Bonneville.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fctwQghNPu0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fctwQghNPu0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. teddyp

teddyp

that,s great i,ll be watching for it

17. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Thanks Tim
    That Y-block sounds so good.

18. mlagusis

mlagusis

I saw the first video right before I went to the salt. I saw your truck there too. Looks real nice. How did you do on the salt?

Thanks,
    Matt Lagusis (say La Gooses)

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That run up at El Mirage..."Yellow Brick Road"...made that 'Y' block scream and gave the Chevy guys the jitters. Love the Yellow Brick!

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man thats wicked! That Y-block sounds GOOD!

21. Fairlane

Fairlane
    from Australia

Hey Tim, that Y block sounds like it really winds out. What RPM are you taking it to ? Also looks to be fast for a truck, thats a lot of air to push.
    Congrats on playing with Yblocks.

22. fordtt

fordtt

Cool video way to show them y blocks are still around!

23. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Tim , congrats on the film interview and hope to see it soon when it comes on Speed . I know you drag race that Y block allot and have seen some very good numbers from that truck too .
    Thanks for the ride Tim ! That was a wild ride !

Retro Jim

24. We had a great time at Bonneville, of course, but did not have the best showing. We had a little cam trouble and couldn't get more than 5600 rpm in top gear, I shift at 7000 and it will normaly do that in top. The DA was also a factor but was only 400' higher than Elmo on our last run there. To add insult to injury a chebbie now has bumped our record, but we are determined to get it back. Just to be clear the people on the salt are the greatest and Larry with the '58 chevy that now holds the E/PP record was a nice guy and great to talk to.

me changing a cam out on the salt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kathy my wife doing the finish work while I supervise.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  25. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

funny how other countrys will come here to shoot cool stuff and american tv wants to shoot shows about people with too many kids and jobs that would suck to do.

26. That is funny, I get more Aussies and Brits talking to me than anyone else it seems. Also I don't even watch broadcast TV. :p But I will find someone to record this for me.

27. pikesan99

pikesan99

28. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>Well, looks like I'm not going to be on TV after all. Seems that wreck in the California desert a couple weeks back has made people afraid of dirt racing although El Mirage is a very different situation for the racers as well as the spectators.
    Here's the email I received.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tim,

Hope Bonneville went well.

Please be advised that further to my previous email correspondence, the El Mirage feature will now not run on SPEED channel on Friday September 3 as originally stated.

Our compliance department in the States which approves all of the content for the programme, has decided that transmission of the feature should be postponed. This is owing to sensitivities concerning the fatal accident during the recent California 200 off road event. Our compliance department recognises that Land Speed Racing is totally unrelated to events such as the California 200, and that the SCTA runs safe and properly sanctioned events. However, the decision has been taken to suspend the feature for the time being, as both events took place a few weeks apart and in the same state.

I'm sorry I don't currently have any further information about when the piece will be allowed to run, but I will let you know when I have further details.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Malcolm