Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '46 International PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsr_54, Feb 23, 2012.

1. dsr_54

dsr_54

I'm getting close to done on my International PU. I have shared the build with my Friends over on the Woming Social group, so I thought it was about time to share it with the rest of the HAMB .

I have had this truck since I was 8 . My dad built both my older brothers hotrods when they were 16. Then later my brothers got into racing dirt oval, so when I turned 16 I thought I needed a racecar not an old truck. I'm still racing but am back to building old hotrods.

Here is how she started.

[​IMG]

I put the truck on a 2wd S-10 frame. I know not for everyone, but worked good for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hid the battery in the right front fender.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsr_54

dsr_54

Because of the kickup of the s-10 frame and I wanted a shorter box I decided to make a new box than to try to make the old one work. Not sure now looking back at it that it was that great of an Idea, but it is done now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dsr_54

dsr_54

I hate bodywork.

[​IMG]

First test drive, I still got a few bugs to work out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Looks good, you do some nice work.

5. dsr_54

dsr_54

6. What was the wheelbase of the s-10 frame and year , etc??

Nice job

7. braindamage

braindamage
    from Arnold Mo

Looks good. What size radiator did you use to fit between the frame rails?

8. dsr_54

dsr_54

9. dsr_54

dsr_54

I used an '84 ( I think ) 2wd s-10 long box frame. Had to use a 4wd s-10 rear end as they are wider. One bad thing with the 2wd s-10 is the front wheels are tucked way in the front wheel wells. I have heard of guys using wheel spacers to correct this but I guess it doesn't bother me that much.

10. jazz1

jazz1

Truck looks good..How much did inner fenders interfere with the location of battery? I wanted to put my battery under hood but ended up putting in my tool box

11. dsr_54

dsr_54

So far there are no inner fenders on my truck. I do plan to build a new set.

12. monc440

monc440

I would also like to know the WB of the original and the S-10, they look real close.

Nice looking truck.

Thanks for sharing.

13. silversink

silversink

looking good, thats where I wanted to put my Batt. but the exhaust dumps are comming out there so it ended up in a 1935 beer cooler in the bed.

14. dsr_54

dsr_54

Got a hood pulled off one of my parts trucks. Looks way better with the hood.

[​IMG]

15. jazz1

jazz1

Nice finish you got on the primer,,it is primer? Put some locktite on those screws on your headlight bezels,,,those things are hard to find. Not sure where you're going but I filled seam in my hood and in hindsight I should have also filled the seam along fender,,damn that thing collects a lot of crap.
    [​IMG]

16. n847

n847

Looking Good...I kind of like it with no hood, but then again I'm kind of partail to Hotrods with no hood! I would probably look into those wheel spacers, unless it would track funny or handle wierd! That being said I would drive the shit out of that thing! The bed looks good shortened I bet you could shorten that stock one someday and put it back on there!

17. dsr_54

dsr_54

Yes it is primer. I was going to paint it green , but for now I plan to leave it in primer and drive it. I want to get on to another project.

My '28 Pontiac RPU ( started life as a 4 door sedan)

[​IMG]

18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Looks good, come over to the black hills and cruise.

19. dsr_54

dsr_54

Started on my upholstery over the weekend. got the carpet in and started on the kick panels. This is my first time sewing. I was very happy how they turned out.

[​IMG]