Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods On the Road in a Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Bill you call that rain????????

Attached Files:

2. I drove a fenderless, topless '27 roadster back home (30+ miles) from one of the ISCA car shows in Baltimore somewhere in the late 70's. Temp was in the low 20's. My then young body has never been so cold.
    Sorry, no photos of the ride. You'll just have to take my word.

3. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

[​IMG]
    On the Long Course right after the drivers meeting riding shotgun. :O Probably the most memorable drive ever! Roadsters are the ultimate driving experience, man and machine!
    Ha ha, w're both 6' 4". Tight fit in that '27 T. Thanks for the pic MALCOM.

4. I had mine out yesterday but these pictures are not from that, it was just shopping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. COS

COS
    from KCMO

YES, YES you HAVE!!! :D

6. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

You ain't really pushing it until you're riding a motorcycle on snow-covered roads. I've done that. A roadster would have been a luxury by comparison.

:)

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, i dont have a roadster, but i got caught in a nasty rain storm in my coupe. Open space between the floors and doors, only a leaky windshield, bald bias plys on a locked rearend and open headers.

Im still smiling!!!

8. On the road to the LA roadster Show.
    Nuthin like it.
    HemiDeuce

Attached Files:

9. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

I can't wait to get mine done! I got a good few months or so..

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i cant wate to build my roadster now. or maybe ill just chop the top off my coupe

11. Amen Jay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  12. Old Fart 1941

Old Fart 1941
    from Oswego IL

Wow those picture and videos are great. Cant wait to get my phaeton out to play.
    Old Fart 1941

13. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

It's hard to beat a sunny day in a roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The trouble is we don't get many so, drive it anyway,anyhow.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  14. Jim

Jim

i don't own one YET, but here is a video I shot of a friends...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/byobnbOccTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/byobnbOccTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. That's from the Rodder's Journal #12, The Topless Tour. My buddy Dal Middleton, is in that feature too, although in a 39 Cabriolet. I agree, maybe Steve Coonan, could make it into a poster, Hint , Hint.;)

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This thread is dead on. NOTHING compares to a roadster. I've had people ask me when I'm going to get a top. I just look at them like THEY'RE the crazy one.

17. Elrod

Elrod

Picture of us driving through Yosemite National Park.

[​IMG]

18. Until you build and Drive a Roadster... you'll never understand...!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qz_hSy-55dM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qz_hSy-55dM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In the meantime here are some random Roadster shots At the Drags... This years Christmas Parade... Drive through thunderstorm going to Mkan and a drizzly cold ride to the Hunnert Car Pile Up!
    I'll try to download my phone videos of my drive through a blizzard in 8 degree weather plowing snow with the grillshell!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLVFbKNQCLU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLVFbKNQCLU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLQ7yPceG7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  19. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

My best roadster in the rain shot. Somewhere between Albany NY and Erie, PA. Bonneville trip '08.

Attached Files:

20. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

i'v been caught in a few rain storm with eriC in his 32,
    i cant wait to get my roadster on the road!!!!!!!!!!

21. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I wanted to go topless this day but the ladyfriend had a different opinion...
    [​IMG]

22. yep...

Flatoz's roadster...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Drewfus

23. McFly

McFly

In the middle of nowhere with no gas.

24. I got out on Sunday for a couple of hours. A little brisk. But invigorating. Hopefully we will have a few days during the Winter that are roadster friendly. And if not, I will get out anyway. You have to be an iron man if you want to enjoy roadstering.

25. man this topic made me think of the feature i read about old east coast hotrods and this one pic of a dude in a seriously channeled 32 roadster driving in the snow back in 1957. no hat on, just a jacket lookin back with a huge grin on his face. the caption read "those east coast boys had to be tough" epic roadster moment.

26. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Heres some pics of our roadsters this past summer on a little mind clearing
    ride.

Attached Files:

27. bonesy

bonesy

Who wouldn't want to go for a ride in this roadster. The rails, Divcos, etc - I love it!

28. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ive been there too...with no top or windshield....more than once....one time was across town for a shindig....another 1.5 hr trip home from the strip in a car i had just revamped for a buddy...it was a shit ton of fun until i couldnt breather through my bandana and the monsoon down pours started...rain hurts like a mutha!!!!

I NEED TO DRIVE THAT BACK ROAD ZACH

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  29. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I took a 50 mile ride this last sunday in our bucket, and yes there is nothing like riding in a roadster any time of the year. Been in the rain a time or two myself, every notice that when you are caught out in the rain, that it rains on both side of the windshield.

30. Justin B

Justin B

rain sucks but snow is worse, these are from jimmy's ranch run a couple years back, we were to stupid to drive a closed car. i think it was 12* in julian that morning, it gives a good story but at the time it was miserible. we stopped in to a bakery and took the gloves off that little exposed chunk of skin between the jacket and glove was purple. sometimes it's better to be stupid and miserable in a roadster than cozy in a coupe.

[​IMG]

chick and parvin followed but they had tops
    [​IMG]

and one from a regular sunny so-cal day following my dad down pch
    [​IMG]