Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for early 60's dragrace roadster pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quickrod, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Mutt

Mutt

Nope - takes you to a signup for Yahoo Photos.

Mutt

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Wow Mutt! I had never seen any of those. There are a couple other pics of the T in Hot Rod's drag racing coverage during the year (1962), but I'd never seen those particular pictures since a few of those issues are missing from my collection.

I don't know how that Jan '63 article on the original Triple Nickel got by me...thanks for posting all that. I'm sure Flat-top Bob will be thanking you too.

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

mutt, thanks for the heads up on the story in hrm 1963
    bass, bob johnson and don morgan were buddies of don's and i think he had bought the car from them before 1963. the custom car supply name is on both cars.

Attached Files:

4. Mutt

Mutt

Bass - The reason I built my roadster in '65 was because of cars like that. I was a big fan of Tony Water's fuel roadster in the late 50's because he was beating dragsters.

Mutt

5. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

one more from amarillo dragway

Attached Files:

6. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

bass this one is for you! the paper work from the win at the winter nats in 1962. hope it is clear enogh to read! sorry to steal this post with the 555 a/r stuff, but damn it was a kool car.

Attached Files:

7. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

heres one for you

Attached Files:

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Cool, Bob! Looks like that was signed by CJ "Pappy" Hart himself...Why isn't it framed?

9. L B

L B
    from So Cal

Anyone know the story on that red "Bob & Don" 32 roadster in the previous post on this page ? Very Cool, and looks as though it was restored ....What's the history ?

10. quickrod

quickrod

curly's obviously havin trouble with his pic's....hopefully he'll get them on,but man,so far this has really helped me feel confident in some of my decisions,thanks a ton guys!keep em commin if you got more!...quickrod

11. One of these F'n days I'll figure out how to post a pic!!! Until then hopefully this link will work.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/43a1&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/my_photos

If it wasn't for the freaks who feel the need to steal info or slam a virus/worm into a simple mans computer I wouldn't have a need to set the security so high that I can't send stuff out! Feels like I got "bars on my windows (XP)" to stop the lowlifes from coming into my house.

12. quickrod

quickrod

thanks curly,i knew you'd figure it out.. [​IMG]

13. Dragway42

Dragway42

For fans of the original Triple Nickel ('29 Roadster), a photo has recently been discovered of the 555 during the years between when it was the Waters & Murray car in California and when it was the Morgan & Johnson car in Texas.

Based on some information from Mike Waters and my knowledge of the history of the car, the photo was taken in Salina, Kansas during the summer of 1958 with (then enlisted Army soldier, stationed at Fort Reilly, Kansas) Mike Waters at the wheel of the car that was owned at that time by Jim Earp.

Click the link below to view the photo.

http://nitrogeezers.smugmug.com/gallery/4137477_2sgnf#241446223_uPZWR

14. pro1street

pro1street

Not sure what the car is on the right side.

Attached Files: