Register now to get rid of these ads!

Styling at Ford Motor Company 1957

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 24, 2012.

1. autobilly

autobilly

How about the '57 Buicks?
    [​IMG]

2. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

HAHAHA!

Yes, and they were in the middle of The Cold War...when apocalyptic destruction was only minutes away!

3. Whats up with the Lincoln Futura, did Barris copy that for the Batmobile or did Ford copy him?
    You gotta love that futuristic late 50's styling though, if some of these cars made production it would be easy to see people beleiving that it wouldn't be long before we were flying around 'Jetson' style.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Barris hacked up the actual dream car, then built several clones.

Fiberglass clones of the Barris Batmobile have since been made by others - and one was actually modified back into a replica of the '55 Futura!

[​IMG]

5. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

6. S.F.

S.F.

thats hard...but I think I like the fords more

7. mgbtc

mgbtc

I think 1957 was a great year for many, but I am partial to Fords.

8. cptncougar

cptncougar

There has always been a 1957 Ford in my family since Nov 1956. My father bought a mocha/white 9-pass Country Sedan. As soon as I was old enough to drive I bought a 57 2dr Custom which I just had to put in a 361 Edsel with a 352/360 cam ,my brother bought a 57 2dr Custom 300. In the garage I worked at one or the mechanics was so impressed by my Edsel powered Ford he got a 430 out of a T-bird Isky 5 cycle cam and 4.44 gears. Talk about musle car!! The real point I want to make these cars were built with just stock Ford parts that bolted right in, by kids
    To compare the drive line of a stock 57 Chevy to a stock 57 Ford is a total miss match. The base 312/245hp and higher Fords came stock with a T85 Warner Gear all 57& up Fords had 9 in rears The Chevys has the smallest trans I ever saw in a 8 cylinder car and the rear was just as bad. The T-10 4 speed was a very linited production item that was only in Corvettes and very rare to come buy in 57. The T-10 was a hand built item at that time and the few that were built all went into new FI Corvettes.
    I would like to talk to the guy who designed the dash on the 57 Ford and other Ford cars and trucks. I know those guys are now designing torture chambers..
    This gets me inspired to get outin the barn and get back to work on my 57 business coupe 428

9. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here is an original (except for the hood scoop) and it still turns heads. This is at the "Y block Nationals."
    Normbc9

Attached Files: