Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bubba To The Rescue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. mgbtc

mgbtc

All of our old cars have had electronic ignitions of one type or another, and now they all have points in them again. Too many failures and time spent on the flat bed! I can always make points work!

2. hotrod-steve

hotrod-steve
    from canada

30thousand miles on my points driven sbc 57,much to the horror of all my piers -Ill stick to my points,thanks.

3. Jim is just the best guy. He PMed me out of the blue, offering a solution to my ignition system woes. He correctly diagnosed the problem, told me how to rework the system and sent me parts to do the job correctly. He's as good a HAMB member as anyone could ever want. What a treasure.

4. Crestliner

Crestliner

Jim is the man that will help you anyway he can.

5. I sat through one of his seminars at road rockets. Found out how little I knew about timing and ignition.

6. 6inarow

6inarow

Truer words have never been spoken - me too

7. Drive Em

Drive Em

Nothing but points on all my Hot Rods, I have never been left stranded. It seems like every few days, someone on a Mustang forum has a Pertronix conversion that goes bad.

8. "WALK ACCROSS TEXAS" ... no more

9. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

10. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

But Ryan!, Did you get the Hot Sauce? Jim always packs a bottle in with his goods. That's the best part!

[​IMG]

11. I just love to hear stories about that '39. I'm glad to hear it's back on the road.
    It's been awhile since I heard a Bozworth reference. I nearly forgot about those Right Guard commercials. He's the man.

12. Dave B.

Dave B.

I had a Mallory Unilite in an Olds V8 several years ago. The third time it crapped out on me, I tossed it in the scrap bin and put the points set-up back in it. 'Nuf said.

13. yardgoat

yardgoat

Great work !!!! beats bubba burgers anytime,hats off to da BUBBA .............YG
    (now i know from the replys were to go).............YG

14. ram-rod

ram-rod

Its time to convert my 40 ford to electronic where do I send my money Mr Bubba
    plus shipping to Australia. the points dizzy can sit in the trunk

15. lorodz

lorodz

dudw bubba is the man he hooked me up with a distributor for my 56 and i have never had any problems since i got the hole 9 hot sauce and all ...thanks again bubba

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

All I can do is echo everyone's praise for the man and his work. He went through my dist and upgraded it with the IgnitorII kit for my 63 and it's run like a top since. For now a stock distributor rides in the trunk as a backup, but I may spend the money and just get another ignitor kit to keep in there :)

17. Goose

Goose

Jim will again be doing his ignition seminar at the Road Rocket Rumble this year on Friday. We don't have a time set just yet but keep an eye on our website and that information should be coming in the next month.
    Goose
    www.indyroadrockets.com
    PS Jim just tuned up my old Mallory dual point distributor this week for my flatty. Got it put in yesterday. Runs like a top!! Jim does good work and as most of us in Indy know he is just a top notch guy in general!! Bubba rules ignitions!!!

18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

As already Echoed here Jim is the man, Both my flatties have distributors by Bubba one an old Magspark converted to use GM HEI module, the other A SBC /flat head conversion. both work perfectly I am also convinced that for the money this is the best upgrade that can be done to make an 8BA run better.

19. voodoochili

voodoochili

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure to spend the day with Bubba going thru my diz and rebuilding my carb. It was a over the shoulder and hands on tutorial. My goal was reliability and MPG....just got back from TorqueFest...773 miles door to door...not a hiccup! and 19.5 MPG average for the weekend......Thanks, Jim

20. Dirk35

Dirk35

Weird. I thinks the generational gap of the parts.... Ive gotten stuck by a electric fuel pump twice in the 35 when moisture would get on the electrical connection.

Hmmm, I wonder if you were being towed the same day and time I was when the Model A gave up last week and I too had to get towed home by a guy with a tow strap?

Thats really cool you got it going again so easily.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  21. huszarail

huszarail

Modern electronics!!!! Put the decal on your tool box and take the rest to the swap meet.

22. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am glad I found this thread, I have a old flatty with a crab dizzy and it misfires starting about 3800 rpm and never quits till I lift and bring the rpm's down. I was all set to do a electronic conversion and get rid of the old original dual points. Sounds like I need to stick with what I have and send it off or replace the points. If you can change your own points what can Bubba do for your dizzy? Must be some magic as everyone in here is sending theirs off, fill me in guys.