Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 575 and Me... Jalopyrama or Bust!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Great shots Jeff great to see you and glad you had a great time. As always thanks to Jalopyrama Mike & Rusty Nuts for a Awesome show.

Ryan ... Pencil it for 2011

3. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

looks like a blast.....

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Al...credit to most of the shots go to Ron Hickman.... he is a crazy shooter..
    My hat is off to Mike s. and all the rusty nut guys...I and the crew had a terrific time.
    This is a must show.

Al, it was a pleasure to meet you!

5. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

6. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Looks like a great time and a great show. To be asked to drive one of the Bones 3 window had to be a surprise for you Jeff. I love the Rolling Bones style of hot rods .
    Great write up and photos, thanks for the post.

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

CLASSIC!
    There was no problem,.. the officer was just making sure we were all right...as the crew was waiting for me to get thru the toll booth. This is Jim's killer 32 hemi roadster.

[​IMG]

8. Sounds like a fun trip Jeff! I always dig pictures of this show. Cool vibe.

9. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

100% KILLER show. We had a blast. 2011 we will be back for sure. Great to see you Jeff. Hope to see you there Ryan. Slim

10. We'll be lookin' for you next year, Ryan;)

11. Looks like a great show.HRP

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Jeff, it was great meeting you! We all had a great time as usual. This year seemed to be especially good, and it just seems that every year gets a little better. Well worth the trip to the show that never disappoints

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great shots.

Very nice write-up Jeff.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn Jeff I wish I would have seen you brother. I would have liked to say hello and chew the fat. Jalopyrama was an awesome show and I'll definitely be back! I probably won't be driving a RB car......luck dog you.

15. Jackt1932

Jackt1932

Ryan,

Go to www.hotrodhotline.com, click on 2010 shows, click on Annapolis, MD to see 8 pages of pictures.

Jack

16. I'd heard about an egg in the rad to stop a leak, don't think I'd heard pepper before.

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Damn, Jeffie, you must be livin' right brother! Looks like a BLAST!

18. Great shots and story. What is the story on the tires that the rolling bones are running now?

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Definitely looks like a killer show! Thanks for posting the pics, Jeff! Driving the 575? You lucky dawg, you!!!! Appreciate you sharing your experience!!

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The show was great as always. Really nice finally getting a face to face with Jeff.....he's actually a real nice guy. Thanks for the write up..........had to be a ball doing the driving for that 500 or so miles.
    The cars on the outside were almost as nice as the stuff inside.

Ryan, you must be here next October........no excuses !!

21. S.F.

S.F.

who owns that perfect titty Pink 32 3 window????...looks like a survivor. I'd totally rock pink all day long.

22. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

My Thanks to Mike and the Nuts put on a great show, cars and people came from states far and wide, this is what make the show so good ...If you have never attended ,put it on calender for 2011.....

23. Nice story. I will tell you that Mike and a select few guys work all year on this and labor over a lot of the details. They do this for charity, and because the it's a cool idea. If you're out there reading this and you think you can contribute something for they're action I'm sure they would appreciate it. What Jeff didn't tell you because he seems humble that way is that he always contributes soemthing and I know Mike and the guys get really stoked aobut it.
    Nice job Mr. Norwell.

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks alot, Jeff!! Looks like a great show and a great time. I've definitely gotta keep it in mind for next fall.

Also, it's very cool to see so many familiar cars at that show that have driven all the way to Bonneville. :cool:

When they came through Omaha in August, I visited with them and also asked about the tires. The Excelsiors they are running are a radial from Coker:
    http://store.cokertire.com/tire-brands/cars-trucks/excelsior.html?tire_type=96

Some of the cars are also running these Coker radials -- here's an example:
    http://store.cokertire.com/tire-sty...wall/600r16-coker-classic-blackwall-tire.html

Malcolm

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The show is GREAT, even out in the parking lot, and I got there reallydamnlate when half the people had left.
    Next year, SEE IT even if you have to quit your job and hitchike.
    Mike Szuba is a good person to make the aesthetic choices necessary for a good small show...and don't let the "small" suggest to you that the show isn't worth the trip. It is a show in which every vehicle is worth studying closely, something you cannot say about even the best other shows.

26. Cshabang

Cshabang

some of my best memories are driving, riding and working on those cars while i was working there...Glad you got to experience it Jeff.

27. Jeff you lucky devil when you PM me last week an said you were going to be in the states,I had know idea?Looks like a great trip Thanks for posting.

28. Chalk another up for the east coast. Nice job, again, guys!! Great pics an' write-up. I hope the show doesn't 'grow' too much before I can make it up there. Quality cars....round of applause...THANKS!

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Completely agree.....

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I love this pic..the gritty-ness....

[​IMG]