Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Trip Of A Lifetime

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

So,as I understand it,Blake is your traveling companion,attorney,straight man,foil,and now your hero.How about the wind beneath your wings?Seriously,that was a true adventure.Not too many of those in life.

3. Great coverage Ryan! Thanks to you many of us have friends all over the planet. The friends you make are the best part of this whole hot rod life. Sounds like you had a sweet adventure!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome trip Ryan and glad to see you had fun. C'mon back and get adjusted!

I wouldn't mind going to Australia one day.....or at the very least attend a reliability run.

Safe Travels and Godspeed.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Wonderful stuff Ryan,.... Now back to reality,.. (kinda' stinks huh ?)

And one more thing,... Welcome Home ! :cool:

6. RDR

RDR

Thanks for taking us along....We all had a great trip!

7. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Sounds like it truly was the trip of a lifetime!

I like all of your coverage pictures, but I've got to say that having been a photojournalism major in college picture #8 rules! [​IMG]

8. DaveInc

DaveInc

Looks like lots of "Manly Men" live there.

9. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Man I'm sure this was a trip of a lifetime! Your coverage was awesome. Welcome back to Texas

10. Thanks for the great coverage of your travels.

Now we go back to the regular programming... :D

11. Is that lowsquire?

He looks a bit more 'manly' than the last time I saw him. :)

12. seatex

seatex

Wow, quite a "ride about", eh? Glad you made it back safe, but what of your attorney? Did the bats get him?

13. Bats? I hope not. These are the kinds of bats we reserve for attorneys!

[​IMG]

14. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

As I am about to depart for cold Connecticut after a great California vacation, that ended with 2 days at the GNRS, I am reminded of the 2 Australian couples I had lunch with. Of course we spoke of hot rods, cruising, shows and politics here and down under. Australia may be next on my list. Thanks Ryan

15. Too cool - what a great trip, Love the coverage. I've always enjoyed hanging with the Aussies when they've come to visit us in Texas - glad we could send a couple of our best ambassadors down to return the favor.

I want to know whats inside the "Speed" drawer.

16. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks for the ride Ryan! Put a New Zealand summer on your list of things to do! And bring the Mrs and the kids too!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on your short article, hope for more details and pics when you recover from your long journey. Imagine that this is a time when you have done and seen so much that the "there is no place like home" feeling hits you. Take Care

18. lowerod

lowerod

Glad you enjoyed it down here mate its a good place and christmas island isnt really what the name sounds like it houses all the illegal boat people that try to get here from indonesia and is a very overcrowded island.once again come back again one day theres more to Australia then just Melbourne mate.Sydney leaves it for dead......

19. Welcome back to the 48!

20. Willy301

Willy301

Loved reading about your exploits down under, next time, you need to smuggle me into your carry on...and sneak me food and drinks for the flight...

21. G'day , Ryan and Blake , it was a blast having you guys in town with us all and as Kiwi Kev says , we thank you as now we have Hot Rod friends all over the world and even more at home because of this site !

As for that Monday night /Tuesday morning , we have all been interviewed by the Police and I think our stories are straight .............

22. striper

striper

It was all I could do to convince those Texas boys to keep their six shooters in their pants as the copper approached, breathalizer in hand.

Lucky for that cop, he didn't make any sudden moves or give me any attitude. Those boys were on a hair trigger. Coulda got ugly.

Pete

23. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks Ryan and thanks to you guys down under for showing him a great time. Sounds like the cops there are much like the state troopers here in Michigan.

24. loosegoose

loosegoose
    from California

I did not even know they had hot rods in Australia lol who would have guessed.
    <a href="http://www.comprotechnics.com">Computer Services</>

25. striper

striper

Yep. Hot rods ....and pet kangaroos too.

26. FUEL01

FUEL01

Thanks for coming. Welcome back anytime..

27. Glad you had a good time! I may post a pic of the parts mine carriage ride :)

28. wanabe28

wanabe28

And Koalas.

29. Come on striper, don't try and fool our American friends. You know the kangaroos arent pets and that we use them to deliver the mail. Those pouches are perfect for carrying it!

30. Don't forget the Drop Bears.