Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPS and Paypal warnings.... I hate em both

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Mar 16, 2005.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I get those "notices" from fake Paypal and Ebay all the time and they look pretty convincing but every one of them is a fake. I send them all to Paypal and Ebay but there are more scammers than they can keep up with. There are a lot of bad people in the world today that put so much energy into cheating and stealing that they would probably be really successful business people if they applied that kind of effort to a real job.
    I thought I was really getting somewhere yesterday when I got to the Senior VP of Global Marketing yesterday and showed them a certified letter from the UPS Store saying I should SUE UPS. No response from anyone yet though.

2. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Wow, don't you wish you had their name and a recording of that comment!!! If that was word-for-word, then there is a serious problem!! Was that word-for-word?

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

It seems that UPS does not give a shit about the person the package is going to. No one at the ups store will talk to me because i did not send the package and will have to be paid back by who is sending it after it is settled.

I think any packages i get from now on im going to have who ever is sending them write that they are being sent from me to me just so I can atleast know what is going on with the parts i paid for and paid to have shipped.

4. ironrodder

ironrodder

Over the years I've heard many stories of Pay Pal hell. I will not use them for any reason. Just as easy to use a Federal M.O. and still cover your butt

5. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

^^^^ really you brought up a 5 year old thread?

6. Racewriter

Racewriter

No shit. I've had two problems with Paypal as a seller. Made phone calls on their 800 number and both were fixed in 5 minutes. Let this sucker die.

7. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

So, how did this end?

8. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I've used UPS a lot, had one broken item, that was bubble wrapped really good, and packed in peanuts. I filed a claim and was paid by the UPS Store owner, within 2 weeks. It pays to keep all receipts, and take a picture of your packed item before you ship it. They will not pay if your item is packed in paper. I always pack my items, then place that box in a box. Double protection. The reason my one item was busted was the driver dropped something heavy on it. I also never leave more than $50.00 in my Paypal account. There are too many people out there trying to gain access to your Paypal account. It is always better to have to put money from your checking account into your Paypal account, than have Paypal or someone else take it away from you.

9. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

putting a rod together in ireland involves shipping some bits and pieces.the problem with( oops) ups is all over.recently had a driveshaft delivered from dennys driveshafts by ups, delivered to my mothers address.shaft cost 300$ with shipping and taxes allmost 600$.when i opened the package it had damaged paint.denny didnt want to know ups didnt want to know.in my opinion dennys packaging was shit and ups stacked loads of stuff on it.fuck you ups and fuck you dennys ,you were nice as pie until you got my order .eventually gave me 20$ off the bill.shit service all round.next time i get something shipped ups i will collect at the depot and film it being unpacked in front of ups employee.not the first time they have damaged stuff.over the years ive ordered from jegs and ecklers had 1 or 2 problems were sorted straight away.well done jegs/ecklers.also stuff arrived from fat man fab by ups.some stuff damaged fat man replaced the part ups didnt want to know

10. So......is this a record for bringing up old threads?My neighbors kid wasn't born when this was posted,now he is in school.:D

11. That's it............The next one to post is BANNED...for ever, I mean it...........This thread is DEAD! NO MORE.........you will be killed......eyes poked out.
    Please let the dead rest......................

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Going through this now ,But with fed ex ,Luckilly I bought 63 wagonman here on the hamb a new baseplate and shipped post office,Insured that also ,Fed ex busted the carb up bad ,I dont like to bad deals ,So I got him a baseplate and shipped ,The 172.00 deal with shipping Now cost me 181.00 .With new base plate and shipping .Im suppose to get my answer this week ,At least he is cool and making me a fuel line stainless.While at the same time he's making his ,Thats a freebie,How hard is it to take one package from here and put it there............

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Have another one also this week sold cd2 ,Shipped to his paypal adress,I sent him a email saying Im gonna ship tomorrow and he replied he got the email ,Its an old adress,Did him a favor and sold it to him for 20.00 ,Now If it gets returned I have to pay another 8 ,He says he still wants it and will pay the difference ,We will see ,Its gonna cost 16 to ship .Now if he files a claim Im out 28 dollars ...If I get it back and if it doesnt Im out 28.00 ,On a 12.00 sale ,Worst part is I was doing him a favor ,I had 2 ..............One is still listed And has bids on it .......Im pissed ,Ive sold over 300 things and this never happens ,Delivery confirmation and insurance on anything at 100 bucks .....

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

So how do you go about finding a dead 5 year old thread? Is there an icon with a shovel and an X? Seems there are a lot of dead threads lately.

15. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

You telling me I got all pissed off at nothing ,I thought this was a recent thread ,At least the one I brought up was about a 1947 speed record and the Railton special , Brought back up by A Fng ...5 years later ,Old post

16. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I quit using UPS because the wreck and loose so much stuff. The last time I used them, I shipped a 34 Ford bumper and it got lost before the first transfer. Before that I shipped some NOS chrome trim. I had it in a 4 inch PVC pipe with the ends glued on and the buyer got an empty container with the end gone. FedEx is a little better but won't insure stuff like antiques and vintage parts.The USPS has been real good. I have shipped over 500 items in the last 6 years with only one damaged item.

Crap, I just realized I posted on a 6 year old thread. What the hell is it with you FNGs always dredging up ancient threads to post on.

17. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

He did a search, and brought it back to life. You would have bitched at him for not doing a search and starting a new thread too huh? noobs just cant get a break around here lol

18. Never keep large funds balance in Paypal account. When the money comes in transfer it out immediately. Use it for a means of $$$ transfer only.

I have had issues with UPS in the past and switched to USPS and Fed Ex.

19. That sucks. I can only offer 2 things. Try FedEx from now on. So far, so good for me with them. And, I keep near zero in my Paypal account for situations like this.