Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dearborn deuce steel 32 3 window coupe ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I'm a bit behind the curve as usual , what happened to the Dearborn deuce chopped steel 32 3 windows ? They were a limited run , or went out of business or ? Don't know if I can afford it , but anybody have one for sale ? I thought they were kind of cool being already chopped etc. Thanks

2. blkcat77

blkcat77

I think Brookville was doing the 3 window. Dearborn had that goofy folding roadster.

3. tinmann

tinmann

I think it was a sham of some description. They hand fabbed up one and it travelled around to shows and everyone ooooo'ed and awwww'd but that's about the extent of it. Then they found their niche with the gold chainer roadsters with the fold up hidden top.

4. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I am aware that Brookville is making 3 windows currently and I know about the Hot rods and horsepower/Dearborn deuce disappearing top car , I am asking about the already chopped steel 3 window made by them . Jim Inglese I believe , had that blue one in the magazines using the body I'm referring to . Did they only make a few ?

5. turdytoo

turdytoo

I bought a 3 window dash from Jim Ingelese (a very honest guy) and he gave me a little info. The Kertzite dies according to him were not ever paid for and got reclaimed. Best I can tell a combination of poor quality, poor fit, unauthentic looks, Brookville competetion and poor management produced the predictable results.

6. From what I've seen and heard they were a very poor reproduction that didn't come close to matching the original in structure strength and dimensions. I don't think they delivered a single body. Leave it to Brookville to do it right.

7. there was more than the original hand made prototype made . i have seen several of them , and was not impressed . Mn Hot Rod Hardware here sold and delivered a couple bodies..and actually built one for a customer. i believe around 8 total were made

8. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Thanks guys that makes sense . I thought it was cool that they were already chopped , if the rest is junk though who cares . I've had 2 Brookville roadsters and they were excellent . Guess it's buy a 3 window from them and chop it , or keep looking for o.g. Thanks , Mike

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Some of the bodies were built in Nebraska by a good metal man. They didn't have an original body to start with so some proportions weren't correct, and they were built from a lot more pieces than Brookville (lots of welding) and weren't very authentic. An idea before it's time just not handled very well.

10. 32ray

32ray
    from california

I have a Dearborn deuce 32 3 window and as original 32 3 window and I can tell you the parts are interchangeable. The Dearborn is chopped 21/2" and has a filled roof and a cowl vent with a louvered trunk. It is one of the best bodies I have seen and I have had Brookville
    to. If any one wants to see one mine is still in bare metal, I live in northern calif.
    Thanks,

11. jakesfault

jakesfault
    from AZ

Hi, it's nice to hear a positive comment on the dearborne 3-window coupe from someone who actually has one. I have one of the first bodies produced and other than some minor reshaping of the rear cab corners on the rear window area which I took curve templates from an original 3-window, very minor but bothered me when I viewed the profile. Mine is a traditional full fender car with built flathead and red oxide primer, driver and finally a car that I don't have to stress out when the kids want to step on the running boards to look in. Maybe they will want to build one when they get older rather than a "Rice R ocket". I still remember the first hot rod I saw at Wendover, Utah in the 50's. I have a Brookville roadster with a blown Chrysler and appreciate the effort to re-create the authenticity but come-on, its still a repo. Either way, Dearborn or Brookville, "I yam what I yam".

12. This just got real weird.

JH

13. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

14. brandon

brandon

wasn't that body just a like a steel version of all the fiberglass 3 windows out there...? i remember seeing it at the hot rod and resto show at indy a while back..... brandon:D

15. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

A lot more pieces to put the body together make it a complete body would be the correct way to "reproduce" these cars(as Ford designed them), but Brookville made them better by having the sides stamped in one piece.

-Jason

16. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

There was just one on EBAY last week. Didn't sell, search 1932 Ford in completed listings. $32k I think for partial project.

17. that's the area on every Dearborn Deuce body i looked at that concerned me

i have built three..yes three..original steel body `32 3-windows so i know what they should look like

18. TimDavis

TimDavis

What is the matter Harrison & Kevin?

A thread pops up about a product, then all of a sudden two new members, (one even joined the last 48 hours) of the JJ make their very first post, sequentially, choosing to begin there JJ experience by posting positive comments about that product.....

I don't see anything weird about that at all. Seems perfectly normal to me.

19. They must have made a few of them as there is at least one here in Canada. A friend of mine in Saskatoon just bought one a couple of weekends ago. Not a very nice car to my eyes. Door window openings look wrong. I didn't even think it was a 32 ford when I spotted it across the swap meet area. Strange looking in the bottom of the front window area and a bad die stamping error on the beltline on the driver door. The bottom beltline on the body bows in at the B pillar.Certainly not as nice as the Brookville one, and I have checked out both. Pat.

20. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

There is a guy in Camden, N.Y. that builds the Dearborn Deuce roadsters, he has a pile of the 3 window stuff enough to make several bodies. I believe he was contracted to assemble them for the company and got stuck with quite a bit of the 3 window parts. I can get his # if anyone needs it.

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep!!! Nothing like the real thing!!!! You get what you pay for!!----Don

22. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I have a Dearborn 3 window in my showroom now for sale. It does consist of many more pieces of assembly than a brookville but overalll not a bad attempt of a steel repro. We grew a relationship with Hot rods and Horsepower a few years back doiing thier paint and body work on the Dearborn Deuce roadsters and ended up purchasing this coupe body. We also have availability to a few more bodies that are left from the final production. Something went sour with the assembly/manufacturing of the bodies and from what I understand the original dies were destroyed. Any interest/questions PM me.

23. Gary Glover

Gary Glover

My friend in Tenn has a Dearborn Deuce 3 window with a big block Ford in. He owns Buckaroo communications and will be doing an article on it shortly.

24. GreggAz

GreggAz

we built one as a high tech car, took a ton of work to make it resemble a ford car, still looks off. ours had THICK lead in the windshield area, and needed much work on the top corners, and the rear apron.

You can pick most of the story out of the thread here, no more "production" bodies, but still parts out there.

you can see some photos of ours on our website... not a hamb type car.

http://allwayshotrods.com/fgallery/1

25. Donn Lowe and Kiwitinbender assembled a few and spent way to much time trying to make them right

26. turdytoo

turdytoo

Just got a new Street Scene and there's an add for them. "Available till existing panels are used up"