Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's a Henway?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi, Jul 19, 2006.

1. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

and the matterdaddy and the updawg

2. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

The '70's produced several trucks like this, Bruce Fortier built one as well. I always dug the C cab style, would love to see similar haulers rebuilt and cruising again, like Brizio's,Babbs', and others.

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

norm's henway is tucked away at his house in leadhill.

it's still in good shape but the frame is broken, best part is nothing has been changed since the 70's!

he keeps talking about getting it back on the road soon!

4. I think I remember Doc Frankenstein sayin he had a henway tub he was building and some one found a article on them about 2 yrs ago here on the hamb

5. homebrew

homebrew

Termites won't touch that. They have standards too.

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

The Henway was manufactured by the same company that produced Updock in bottles

dj

7. Rande

Rande

I talked to Norm on the power tour last year and he was, again, saying he was working on the Henway to get it back on the road.

8. Dougan

Dougan

The last time I saw it on the road was in the mid 80's when the Mid West Deuces had their Deuce Doin's in Harrison, Arkansas. Norm brought the truck out and it still looked really good then. Norm Is a super nice guy and always took time to answer my questions about the truck when I was a little kid.

I saw him at the T-Bucket Nationals in Overland Park, Kansas a couple of years ago and I asked him if he still had a polish chicken. He was suprised I remembered that and we talked about the HenWay a little. It would be really neat to see it on the road again.

9. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

here are some recent shots!

Attached Files: