Register now to get rid of these ads!

Right Place. Right Time.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

Very cool!

Love the details on the car, how they cut the rear Strombergs for clearance, and the abundant drilling of the rear backing plates.

Rich

3. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

It was good to see history preserved like that.
    I did the same routine.Italiano Friday,Pebble on Sunday and then out to the Salt for the desert portion!

4. one of my legs wont fit it there, but I'm still jealous and would love to hop in. Cool stuff happens in weird ways, at weird times.

5. Monterey, Pebble Beach, and Bonneville all on the same trip, that's definitely the trip of a lifetime. Although, I'm disappointed I was hoping to see the Jive-Bomber self photo with Bruce Meyer, Alex Xydias, and the So-Cal Belly Tanker in the background. :D

6. Deadender60

Deadender60

Jay it was good to see you in Monterey... You're living the life

Here's one of the flicks I got with my phone...
    [​IMG]

The Belly tank and the Pontiac powered Miller race car were two of my favorite at Pebble Beach..

-Juan

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Here's something I never noticed...not that I have spent much time with this machine, but the way they cut the tops of the carbs down to fit under the skin. That's so rad and necessary at the same time. It's also one of my favorite reasons I gravitate towards hot rods. It's these small details that when standing alone look unfinished but as a total package look majestical.

[​IMG]

Any idea if the front end is Cadmium plated like on the So-Cal Comp Coupe? Love that look and wish I'd see more of it!

Attached Files:

8. Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Bruce Meyer is living the dream of every hot rodder thats worth the title. How nice to be able to walk out to your garage and look at so much history. I've met a lot of rich men who I wouldn't give the time of day but after talking to Bruce for about a 1/2 hour at Cobo (the year he had Frank Mack's roadster displayed) I walked away thinking I had just met a very gracious gentleman that happened to share my interests.

Frank

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  10. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

GREAT SHOTS, HEMI-- Thanks for posting them!

11. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

That's why I took that detail shot-- I love that 'form following function' mentality that ironically makes real race vehicles so aesthetically pleasing....

12. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Good seeing you too Juan! The Miller Lakester was a whole 'nother amazing thing, parked only a few cars away!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I noticed that after I posted. I think I got so excited about it that I didn't finish the pics and just headed straight for P-shop!

14. Jay - My pleasure ... I was kinda in the "right place @ the right time".

A note on the first snapshot ... When Bruce Meyer & Alex Xydias accepted the Dean Batchelor Trophy (awarded to the most significant Hot Rod present), the emcee announced that it was the first time in the 60 year history of Pebble that a pickup truck [i.e., the '53 F-100 (driven by <S>Pete Chapouris</S> Frank Streff)] had ever graced the stage! :cool: :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  15. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

Love your photos from Pebble Beach!!!! It's clear since Hot Rods came to Pebble Beach that the "right kind" of enthusiasts (the REAL car guys) have come to enjoy the event!!!! You're THE BEST!!!! Thanks for sharing....
    Never lift,
    Deuce Bruce

16. SO-CAL-AZ

SO-CAL-AZ

Correction, the 53 SO-CAL Push-truck was driven and owned by Frank Streff from SO-CAL-AZ in Phoenix. People mistake Frank for Pete all the time. (Untill he takes his hat off..haha)

17. SO-CAL-AZ -

Please forgive me for mis-identifying the driver :eek:

I was 99% sure the gentleman driving the push truck was NOT Pete Chapouris ... but all day on the 18th Fairway, folks were pointing in Frank's direction and saying "That's Pete Chapouris".

I had my doubts ... but then, during & after the awards presentation, I overheard several people congratulating "Pete" and "Peter" ... so I figured I must just be getting old ... and had forgotten what Mr. Chapouris actually looks like :eek:

18. Hay Jive Bomber...wish you had introduced yourself to Frank and I at the Carrillo roadster. We East Coast guys don't get to Cali very often to meet you famous HAMBers.

Thanks to Hemi(Todd)32 and Jimmy B for hangin' out with us Old Farts.