Register now to get rid of these ads!

SHOW RODS 60 & 70s..stories - pics ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meatball, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

All of my excuses for not getting projects done have just been shot to hell. guys like these are amazing !

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

What he really wants is a pair of billit multi spoke front wheels instead of the five spokes and then either keep them polished or woodgrain the spokes. Putting wires on the front would be hard on him because of the upkeep. One condition he suffers with is that the joints and tendens in his hands become inflamed (feels like they are on fire) when worked too hard and the meds just wipe him out.
    And by the way the project before this was his blown top fuel funny bike--also street legal and driven.
    John is both sick in the body--and the head

3. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

There was this from the Orhberg site long ago..looks like the front from it:
    [​IMG]

I saw some photo recently of that part in a warehouse over seas(England?), Don't know if they were stolen or what but if I can find the photos , I'll post 'em. Some others were there as well...sitting out in the elements going to hell. Such a shame. There were some Barris stuff as well.

Hey Aaron..on a side note I used to live 3 houses down from Paul Revere in Boise, Idaho. Me and a bud would sit in his boat parked in his driveway and drink beer, he would come out and join us..good times!

4. abone1930

abone1930

Man thats COOL :D Got any more picks? Great story about John. My hats off to him for his determination :)

5. JerryG

JerryG
    from Illinois

Here's some Dave Marek took from the Coffin Corner:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tuck likes this.
  6. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

WOW...those pictures do it justice

7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It just blows me away to see what ends up happening to some of this stuff.I dont know if there was any truth to what I was told as a kid or if it was one of those I have a famous uncle stories but I used to live in Hutchinson Kansas and a kid I went to school with told me in what seemed to be a casual not hiped up conversation,that his uncle was Paul Revere of the band.Who knows?

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing this story of his dedication. His car is a hoot and I would love to see it in person. Definitely fits in with the spirit of the other cars in this thread and is a testament to his imagination and persistence.

9. thanks for the new pics..if hes lucky he could make some cash puttin that on tour (ISCA).Those pics show an amazing amount of work and detail Im very impressed,hope to see it in person......

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

One of my first memories was about 79-80 my dad had a model car looked something like that it was so amazing that I had to have it and now its gone Im sure I broke it pretty good .:(:eek::(:eek:

11. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I like that.. very cool..

12. Awesome! That's a pic I've been looking for - thanks!

Steve

13. Does anyone remember seeing the Tastee Freez T-bucket? Last I saw of it was in Downey, CA.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Just joined this list and saw this. I currently own the 1966 Tastee Freez Barris built t-bucket here in NJ. I've had it 8+ or so years now and had the seats & carpets redone. Other than a pair of new front tires its all original but probably looks different than any of the photos you may have seen. The car went back to the Barris shops in early 70's and they made a few changes. They built a new body that looks better, dropped the front end, took off 2 of the fake blowers and now has a windshield. There was supposed to be a custom trailer for it at one time but no one knows what became of that. I should have it on the road again in 2010.

John

14. Just joined this list and saw this. I currently own the 1966 Tastee Freez Barris built t-bucket here in NJ. I've had it 8+ or so years now and had the seats & carpets redone. Other than a pair of new front tires its all original but probably looks different than any of the photos you may have seen. The car went back to the Barris shops in early 70's and they made a few changes. They built a new body that looks better, dropped the front end, took off 2 of the fake blowers and now has a windshield. There was supposed to be a custom trailer for it at one time but no one knows what became of that. I should have it on the road again in 2010.

John[/QUOTE]
    John first welcome to the HAMB! lotta show rod guys on here and its cool to hear another one survives.try to post some pics and let us know how it goes.........hope to see it around some day

15. Here is a photo of the newer current body & modifications Barris did in the 70's.

Attached Files:

16. wayneo856

wayneo856

mat franklin 's pic of the monkee mobile was a different car.. the tv car had the split windsheld

17. Dchaz

Dchaz

this car is in dallas for sale the same guy has "the manure spreader " car for sale also
    [​IMG]

18. Dchaz

Dchaz

19. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

This may have been covered on this thread before, if I apologize.

Showrods made the covers of LP's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marty

20. Racer2e

Racer2e

After reading this entire thread and reliving lots of memories of my childhood, I have been searching the web, but having no luck, for info on a car that was at the World of Wheels show in Eugene Oregon, probably around 1980 or so. It was themed after tv show "Mork and Mindy". I think it was called the "morkmobile". It was basically a big white egg on wheels. It had some rainbow seat inserts, and the steering wheel was on the end of a arm that came out of the center of the dash, like there was a chain inside the arm to ofset the wheel over to the side. It may have been able to swing the wheel over to the other side.
    Does anybody know anything about this car?
    Jayme

21. Racer2e

Racer2e

22. The only pic I found of the Morkmobile was in the SHOWWORLD program from ISCA back in the day,wish I could down load it,I will try later,FYI I showed at all the northwest indoor shows from 1979-1982 with my 65 impala ss lowrider,,,,,,,,,,,,

23. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Found these uploading some negatives.....Rich

Attached Files:

24. yblock292

yblock292

Sure makes you wonder where they all are now!

25. Racer2e

Racer2e

My thoughts exeactly. What ever happened to it, and who built it in the first place?
    Jayme

26. This one?

Attached Files:

27. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

Wasn't there a contest to name the "Ultra Truck" and the winner was won the actual truck?

Marty

28. glassguy

glassguy

wow just readall 15 pages!! way cool.. before i try to back trac thru it all.. what is the story with the 2 egyption cars? they are mental.. especially the vette. any more info on them?? thanks dave

29. sobpunx

sobpunx

revell has re issued the the red baron and rommels rod, im sure some others too you can check their web page www.revell.com
    cheers
    mat

30. crimson ghost

crimson ghost