Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone know this 54 Chevy Lead Sled?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54Chevy Lead SLed, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Does anyone know this car? I bought it last month in UK and take it home to Poland.
    I would like to know history of this car. It is looking very, very similar to Richard Glymph's Chevy
    I will be very grateful for any help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best Regards
    Wojtek
    [email protected]

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I haven't seen it before, but it looks very cool.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Looks to me like an old (80's) East Coast (USA) built car. It was once owned by Richard Glymph from Silver Springs Maryland. I believe a lot of the body work was done by Tony Inman, whoc now works for the Johnson Hot Rod shop as one of thiere finest metal man.

KustomLiconlLady photo is all I have for now. I have more... but I need to scan them first, and can do that later this week.
    00MACK should know more about this car

[​IMG]

4. hershambob

hershambob

did it used to be ghost flamed?????saw one like it years ago in north london(wembley)carnt remember if it was a hardtop,,it was in sad shape,where did you get it, i would have loved to own that,,very moonglow ish,,,bob

5. It is really cool. When I saw it first time I just fall in love. I found it on English EBay and decide to buy it straight. Because last 2 years I am living in Manchester I just have to go to Melton Mowbry to collect it.
    1954 Chevy body line with 3,5" chopped top is simply perfect. Exterior and interior is awesome. Custom work is still perfect.
    Just need some attention because it been kept in a barn storage for more than 15 years.

I bought some new parts to make it running. I changed front suspension, brakes and I am going to change engine for something more powerful and dress it up with some custom stuff like Cal Custom valve covers, Moon air filter, Edelbrock wather pump, manifold, chrome headers etc. Also I am going to make new, double 2,5" exhaust system with Borla mufflers. In a future I am thinking to put it on air bags with air condition pump as an air pump But first I need to know how it is on air bags because I newer drive nothing like that and I am a bit worried about handling etc.

6. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Wow, this car was on the KKOA circut for yrs. I believe it has a lowering block award under its wings also. Here is a photo of it scanned from the Book, The American Custom Car by Pat Ganahl

wonder if it would be possible to get the plate # run from that photo?possibly track the last owner:p

[​IMG]
    a variation in color for a Moonglow clone.

a couple more photos scanned from The book Lead Sleds my Mike Key
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

LOL, I see Rikster is at it again, scaring up my old photos :p I'm so glad you have them, I have so many I can't remember whats there, and your so darn good at it!!!!!:p :D

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Must be Richard's old car. He did sell it to someone "across the pond"./
    Besides the exterior looking like it, Richard had a broken windshield, which he thought had happened because he removed the factory "ribs" on the firewall, when installing the V-8 engine. Your car looks like it's missing them, and has a Chevy V-8 in it, as wll. The interior design looks like his, as well, kind of 80's looking with the silver-gray, and the velour inserts.
    Congrats! You've got a Kustom with history!

9. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Is that a plexiglass rear window?

10. Windshield it's a Plexiglas and it's broken so I am going to change it for glass in a future
    Yes, rear window it's a plexiglas.
    I can see that car from the book Lead Sleds by Mike Key has a “bigger hole” on the bottom of passenger door as well as mine.

Does anyone has a Richard Glymph email address?

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

12. hershambob

hershambob

[​IMG]
    this the one i was thinking of,,differant car!!pic stolen from 50chevy.com

13. Chad s

Chad s

14. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I've said before and I will say it again, "Rikster totally rules"!

15. KoppaK

KoppaK

You mean that 54 has been here all that time and never been to a Rod Run now thats amazing, I've never seen it.

16. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Hi. Richard is a friend of mine, and I would be happy to pass your contact info to him. Send me a note at [email protected].

Jay Fitzhugh

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

For Heaven's sake, turn those dummy spots down the way they are supposed to stay.

18. I am really grateful for your help guys.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    I just received very big box of goodies which means that there will be some progress soon.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    And who said that Santa is coming only to good kids ;)

19. bonesy

bonesy

Great find - I don't know it - but I love it.

20. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Last time I saw it was in Pidgon Forge Tenn.I beleive the guy was from New york and he had this Fake womans leg he used to hang out the window