Register now to get rid of these ads!

T Bucket Front Suspension Q&A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uptonogood, Feb 24, 2006.

1. uptonogood

uptonogood
    from Trashville

Im startin' ma' FAD T BUCKET Project very soon...Im gunna use a 7" drop tube axel from MAS PRODUCTS...I WANT TO RUN 14'S IN FRONT...WHATS A GOOD SPINDLE & HUB SET UP I CAN SCRAPE UP AT THE JUNK YARD...I SCORED A SWEET VEGA GT BOX FOR FREE & THATS IT...also I have heavy duty 9in 73 ford truck rear end in ma back yard would that work...or should I rob a LTD or Fairlane 9in! thanks....NO HOTROD SNOBS OR ASSHOLE ANSWERS Im just a po boy hotrod trash lookin' fer some suggestions...thanks!:cool:

up to no good

dickie flicks

2. plw

plw

I don't know for sure but I think a 7" drop and 14" wheels is gonna put your oil pan on the ground, and that's with tires! Check Total Performance or Spirit Industries for a better idea of what you might use to come close to the look you're after without sacrificing that expensive oil pan!

3. MAS axles are available to use `28-48 ford , `49-`54 chevy and `60-`66 econoline spindles..take your pick

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

about 3 years ago I put a new front-end on my 23 t bucket from Total Performance w/ T P spindles, and Wilwood break kit. If you are going to put a front axle on your 23 go with a 27 front axle it is a bit longer and it makes it a little easier to puton the bolt on hydraulic shock kit that will give you a better ride and gives you a little bit more room to put them on , the hydraulic are much better than the friction shocks. here is the web-site for Total Performance. www.tbuckets.com or www.tperformance.com good luck

5. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

hey airbus, good luck with that

6. brandon

brandon

nah ....you just raise the motor.....now on the other hand ....from personal experience with a 6" drop axle under my t with 15" wheels....the bottom of the hairpin brackets on the axle will be REAL close to the ground.....probably less than 3" .....something to think about......could be interesting if you catch , say a man hole cover ....or dead rodent......brandon

7. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Oil-pan clearance is easy to fix, but as Brandon said, your hairpin brackets, and your front axle will be only a few inches off the ground with 14" front rims and a 7" dropped axle.

It is way too easy to make a suicide front-end low without needed a mega-drop front axle. The way that you build your front spring-perch can put you plenty low with a 2-3" dropped axle, or a stock axle for that matter.

Do a search here under "suicide", and you will find plenty of posts for ideas on the subject. Good luck on your project