Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is the HAMB for sale too?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 1.5%, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Wow, as usual, post count and a witty profile is more important than anything else. To infer that someone has less than normal intelligence because they didn't do an extensive profile or introduction is a bit harsh. He was just wonderin' and he received his answer. I often wonder why, on a lot of boards, there are those who feel compelled to speak for, and stand up for, the owner or moderator, even before they have spoken for themselves. Seem' kinda brown nosey to me

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Brown nosey or not, I appreciate it when someone has my back. I think everyone does...

3. Damn Chris, you must have hit a nerve...
    Btw... As far as you're comment about me on a bike....

Attached Files:

4. Oh shit, guess I did!

Jim ya look great on that scooter, to bad it's not a Knuckle!

As far as the rest and they're opinions, sorry but I feel this is not our business!

5. When I turned 16 I went out and bought a 1947 Knucklehead from Laidlaw's H.D.. That was in 1964 and I gave my life savings for it, $350.00! Wish I still had it...

6. "Brown nosey or not, I appreciate it when someone has my back. I think everyone does..."
    You don't need for someone to have your back, Ryan. It was yours to sell, and we really don't have anything to say about it.

7. 5window

5window

So I am just curious, not about how much you sold it for, but rather how you evaluated the parameters that allowed you to reach an asking price?

8. The American way, start with an idea, build it and run it.
    If you don't feel you can run it any longer and it is worth selling......sell it!

Good for you, Ryan!

I can see that your passion is here and am not concerned about you selling this joint.

Sent from a hand crank phone

9. pila38

pila38

Whew...glad this place is not for sale. What the f@$% would I do with all my free time?

10. graham_paige

graham_paige
    from Australia

Had this image of billet buying this place :)

OK now everyone has spat their coffee onto this screen, im outta here :)

11. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Change is good. :)

12. 5window

5window

And yet, as we all agree, the HAMB is based on stopping change in 1964.

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

If Ryan made the announcement here that the HAMB was sold.........You guys would have a shit fit. There was a shit fit over on the JJ......

14. Nothing compared to the Sh*t Fit over at the Ford Barn,,when Shelly sold it to Ryan,,some of the old timers there wanted it to die instead of Ryan taking the reigns.

Having already been a member of the Ford Barn before the acquisition I can assure you guys Shelly did a great job with the outdated technology she had to work with.

Ryan,introduced basically the same format there and they screamed and hollered that he ruined the site,,,some left and some embraced it.

A lot of Hambers found a new source of knowledge and are regulars over there.

Today most of the old members are back and love what Ryan has done,,and from the very beginning he didn't intend to influence or change the direction of the Ford Barn,,only to work his magic to improve an already great site,,,he accomplished that and more! HRP

15. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I was on the jockey journal and asked a simple question that had to do with skateboarding and motorcycles. One of the new mods there had a prob with my post so we had words. He deleted me forever.... After Ryan sold the JJ it took a shit. Old mods bowed out and new mods have powertrips. I just laughed. Next.