Register now to get rid of these ads!

whos got the cheapest flathead rebuild kit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zgears, Jan 7, 2005.

1. zgears

zgears

i was just wouldering who has the cheapest flathead rebuild kit? is the cheapest still a good kit? any body to avoid? or.. should i buy it piece by piece? nos from ebay?.. any thoughts on puting it together

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

[​IMG] Hahaha [​IMG] He used "cheapest" & "flathead" in a sentence - together! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Get quality head gaskets - get the one piece front seal - the rest is mostly the same from box to box, so shop if you like, but you won't save much - the money's in the head gaskets anyway.

[​IMG]

3. zgears

zgears

i know, i know, i know. it an't cheap. what about copper head gaskets. any reason to use them?

4. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Just go to Reds Headers for one stop shopping. The guy knows flatheads inside out. Plus he is fairly close to you.

5. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

7. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

8. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

[ QUOTE ]
    i was just wouldering who has the cheapest flathead rebuild kit? is the cheapest still a good kit? any body to avoid? or.. should i buy it piece by piece? nos from ebay?.. any thoughts on puting it together

[/ QUOTE ]

In the immortal words of Lindebalm, retired fireman and builder of the Stars and Stripes "T"; member of The Oldies With Goodies, Santa Barbara, Ca. circa 1977: "Don't go cheap."

pigpen