Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Safety Economy Run... FOR SQUARES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Jim Bays Sr.

Jim Bays Sr.

Yup..you are right. Deisel was about 18 cents up until '73 when it jumped a little but still livable. Then it really started up when Carter was in there, that is probably what I remember Carter for ! When I first went to Deisel it was as if I had a 100% increase in "take home" pay ! You can imadgine my mad when I had to start operating in the red !!

2. 5window

5window

I can strongly remember telling my wife we'd go somewhere else, I'm not paying 35 cents a gallon-that was '73. I think Jimmy Cater is a very honorable man. He just couldn't play the dirty Washington game. '73 was Ford, also honorable,long time politician,not a clue.

Politics aside, if you were only making $1.99 an hour in '73, then .35 wasn't cheap either. Reality-back then I had to work 2 hours for a tank gas, a whole lot less today.

3. Jim Bays Sr.

Jim Bays Sr.

I was making almost $10 per hour at that time...and it wasn't nearly enough to pay my expenses. It was a busines you just didn't walk away from like a lot of jobs, I could still make enuff to keep food on the table and pay some bills, but nothing else !! When I was working for $2.50 an hour and holding down a part-time job we could afford the QM racing and the horses...But Carter changed all that ! Having been on both sides / labor and business...I quickly became a Republican !!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

What a load of bullshit!

Id be smokin the rears all the way through that intersection, with the headers screamin like banshees!

5. Jim Bays Sr.

Jim Bays Sr.

Get your head out of the privy kid...that's not healthy !!!