Register now to get rid of these ads!

www.TheHotRodCompany.com

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colville, May 29, 2012.

1. Colville

Colville

So, correct me if I'm wrong but is the hot rod company not selling cloth braided spark plug wire anymore? I just ordered some probably a week ago. Damn sure hope I still get it. It says "Sorry the dept. you've selected no longer exists" What the heck? :confused:

2. Colville

Colville

Does anyone have a contact # for these guys? I have emailed several times asking about this... no replies. Thanks.

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

call em,... talk to a human

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I don't know about the wires but their site has been weird for the past 6 months or so. They used to carry sooo much stuff.

5. Check with RhodeIsland Wiring.They have a website

6. sideshowrob

sideshowrob
    from australia

I ordered some things last month, took 4 weeks, no reply to any emails, no answer of the phone. Never again.

7. Colville

Colville

Oh how nice it would be if they listed a number... theres a FAX number! WTF? I really hope I get all I ordered, being I would probably loose my $100 since I cant get ahold of them in any way :confused:

8. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Ordered 30 foot of cloth plug wire from them last month. It did take about 4 weeks to get it, but there was a note in the box saying they were at the end of a roll. They gave me 8 extra feet for free.

9. Colville

Colville

Well I got a few months before I'll be home to start on it anyway, but what concerned me is they dont even list it on their web page anymore. Sure hope it comes!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

They once again took a bunch of stuff down from their site. One day Rajah clips were there and the next they weren't.

I ordered cloth wire from Brillman before and it was really nice.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm going to be very upset if my red spark plug wire I ordered last Sunday takes 4 weeks to get here. I really should be notified if something is gonna take that long.

12. Colville

Colville

Agreed... a little communication goes a long way

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I should say that I'm going to be really upset with myself rather then them. I understand stuff happens out of their control. I wished I had ordered it 6 months ago when I first knew I needed it. I would like a little notification though just so I don't look like a lost puppy Everytime the mail man comes haha!!

14. Colville

Colville

haha... Yeah, I just called them and no answer... Left a message so we'll see

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

he's a HAMBer and an alliance vendor as well... if you dont get your order, i'd contact ryan and see if he can sort it out with him. i've bought stuff from him in the past and never had any troubles

16. He's side_valve on here so PM him and he will get back to you. Life has been very busy for him of late so please have patience.

17. Colville

Colville

I've got the patience and no rush... Understand things happen, like I said I got a few months before I'll even be installing what I ordered so thats no big deal... Just wondered why the Spark Plug stuff dissapeared off his page, he had a great selection! Thanks for the help fellas.

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Mike, who runs the hotrod company is on the HAMB, under the name of "side_valve", and it has been my experience that if you contact him on here he responds pretty much instantaneously, whereas he can take some time if you go direct to the company. I don't know what is going on with the site but he is a real nice guy and I have frequently ordered from him over here in England via this board. If you contact him on here I'm sure he will answer any queries you might have. Plus if he is still selling stuff you can get an alliance discount. You can find him in the HAMBodex.
    Hope this helps avoid a crap storm.
    Paul

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

Never had an issue with Mike personally.I have ordered tons of stuff from him over the years.

20. Just, pm,ed Mike as I too was looking @ the red wire on their site just last week, and then its was gone. Mike replied within minutes that he was revamping the site and the plug wire should be back up within the week. If service and shipping are as fast as the reply, I'm inpressed.

21. Colville

Colville

Definitely BEST way to get in contact with Mike is a PM. He replied within minutes! And yes, everything is gonna be back up as soon as he gets done working on the site :) Thanks Mike!

22. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I have bought stuff from Mike for years and he has always been quick to ship and offers the Alliance discount.....no problems here...... But I know that the web site business isn't the only thing tugging at Mike's time........he'll take care of you.....a stand up guy all the way with me....

CB

23. bag

bag

I have ordered from them many times and have always gotten great service. They are the best in my book!!

24. cederholm

cederholm

No complaints here! Very happy with past purchases.

Mike, if you're reading this, perhaps a note on your site that it's being worked on.

~ Carl

25. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

After reading some of the negitive post i went ahead and ordered from him anyways.Took a couple of weeks to get my order but was within the time quoted.Parts were great as well.I would definitly order from Mike again.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What little I have ordered from Mike has always come just about as fast as the mail can bring it across the country and has been first rate stuff. Some of that stuff like the twinkling red spark plug wire might be a problem because of his supply source though.

27. I was just looking at the site as well for the spark plug wire and accessories. Glad to hear it will still be available. Mike is a stand up guy for sure.

28. Muttley

Muttley

Cool deal, I'll be needing some of the cloth braided stuff soon.

29. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

30. M.Edell

M.Edell

Using his Cloth plug wires, plus many other items on that engine.Has a great selection of genuine Stromberg parts.[​IMG]