Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941... Swag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. yep, that sounds good.

3. ...and i didnt realize long sleeves where for keeping my girly arms warm. I always thought it was just a fashion statement.

4. MODELA30

MODELA30

Nice thread keep up the good work. Knuck from indiana.

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The tape... genius.

6. fryguy

fryguy

Love it. Ordering my 42b shirt now.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I really like the JJ shirts as well as the Throttle ones. I normally do not wear a lot of hot rod shirts but I like those so much I may have to jump on them!!!

What type of shirts are they?

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I dunno... they have sterile tags on them... They feel almost as soft as Alternative apparel, but a little thicker. Really nice...

The TJJ Long-Sleeves are typical Anvil.

9. JeffreyJames ... I don't know what brand they are ... but I'm sure they are just perfect for a Metrosexual Hot Rodder! ;) :)

EDIT: I see Ryan posted before me ... with a little starch, those ANVIL long sleeve Tees should iron up very nicely! :D

10. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That 42b shirt looks like what's been on the side of Matt Wimter's 29 roadster for almost five years..in masking tape and everything. I suppose that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but I know that I wouldn't want to be ripped off for profit like that. the numbers 42b are no one's property I know, but I don't think this was a coincedence.

photo from 2007
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yes... I like soft shirts. Shoot me... Or color me metrosexual. I don't give a damn. :)

Dude, that's a bit of a stretch - no? I mean, I think it's more likely that your buddy and Thom both were inspired by a car that was taped with 42B in 1941 - right?

Either way, I don't have a dog in the fight... Just seems a little silly to be offended by it.

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yes, I think that is most likely, from Throttle. My copy is at the shop, but I'll take a look. It seems familiar.

13. I like soft shirts too! ... I was just having a little fun at Jeffrey's expense (I labeled him "The H.A.M.B. Metrosexual Poster Boy for 2010" in his 2010 GNRS picture thread).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm with ya. Can I be on the poster next to Jefferey?

15. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

i want a canvas one.

16. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Or maybe Thom was inspired by my buddy's car? Either way I don't know where the inspiration comes from. ..I'm not offended, but when you've seen someone do something for years. and then someone else does something so close you have to sound the "hey wait a minute" bell. I'm just putting it out there that the T-shirt and car aren't related.

17. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I got one of the long sleeve Jalopy Journal shirts... super nice, thanks Ryan.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I hear ya... Knowing those guys, I would be surprised. I'm betting it's a coincidence.

In any case, that roadster RULES.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

God damn it! I leave this thread for an hour and already fun is being made at my expense!!

Yeah, I hate ill fitting/feeling shirts and I'm not afraid to say it. But I am a man's man damn it, and I'm no metro sexual. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a 2:30 spa treatment to get to. Hahaha!!!

I'm that dude that favors shirts and jeans. I have been wearing the same pair of jeans for almost 2 years now.....everyday washing them only once ever couple months. So if I have a bunch of really nice fitting/feeling shirts in my closet and one that fits/feels like a cardboard box guess what? It's not going to get worn.

I like being comfortable!

I really like the Throttle and Jalopy Journal shit though. The shirts are really cool and are not all cheesy like a lot of Hot Rod stuff. Super classic looking and something that would be cool to pull out of the drawer in 10-15 years after a long life of wear and tear and it still holds up.

20. autobilly

autobilly

Hessian for me, grrrr!

21. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

You probably saw it at the GNRS it was right next to Logan Davis' roadster... They're in the same club.

22. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Where the hell is the 3xls. What is this screw the fat guys??????

23. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

You don't rock the heuvo shavo?

24. Gaters

Gaters

I was wondering what roadster was running 42B pre-war. Where's JimmyB, he'll know.

Dig the shirts, gonna buy me a couple.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

After a couple google searches I finally figured out what your talking about. Hahahaha!!! So?

26. RDO_23

RDO_23

Ordered - along with the HAMB calendar.

Thanks to Ryan and Chad (Django).

27. The defense rests your honor...maybe.
    Nice designs...clean and simple