Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do people think it's okay to break into my truck???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LN7 NUT, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is one of those times that I wonder "what the hell is wrong with people?" but this is just sickening. They oughtta have enough sense to look but not touch. I'm sure they'd get all pissy if you laid one finger on their POS. And they're all gathered around like its a spectacle to tear up your truck and nobody cares that its happening. WTF?!

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looks like an episode of "Bait Car".

Everyone here assumes that because they're Seniors that they should know better and behave "old school perfect". I have news for you. There's a few Seniors that feel an "entitlement" to do whateve the hell they want and are criminals. Several years ago, the state of California began publishing a web site of convicted/registered child molesters, complete with conviction records, pictures, age, etc. I did a search by local zip code and was absolutely stunned at how many were in their 60's, 70's and 80's. You never know who you're dealing with.

These guys appear to just be idiots. Bet you wish you had a car coil hooked up to your door handles to shock the hell out of them.

3. 41 Street Rod

41 Street Rod

I'm still in disbelief that would happen in a parking lot like that. Regardless of them stealing or just taking a look, that's just completely disrespectful..

4. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

So, is that what passes for a gang in Canada? (LOL). You ought to contact the news media, it would be a good story and you may catch the guys that way.

5. cederholm

cederholm

No shit! That's kind of creepy. Crazy old fuckers - what the hell??

My buddy stumbled upon two guys (teens) in his truck smoking weed. He forgot to lock the doors. Opens the door and rips a kid out onto his ass. The other took of running. But this was on the streets of Brooklyn, not a Walmart invasion for the old folks home. DAMN!:eek:

6. nutajunka

nutajunka

Sorry about your truck, but all that video needs is some benny hill music and someone wiping the geezers out with a hover round.......:D

7. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was there a "FOR SALE" sign on the heap? To some that is an invitation to explore deeper. Ron

8. old codgers at a swap meet....I see it all the time.

I drove my 66 F100 to a swap meet, because it was my daily driver at the time and put all my stuff out on a couple of tables next to the aisle....nothing in the truck, no for sale sign on the truck......and the truck wasn't parked in a way that would suggest that it was for sale.

So things got a bit slow and I decided to sit in the cab and shut my eyes for a few minutes, when I'm startled awake by an ancient guy opening the hood of my truck. It took me a minute to get my bearings and then the guy opens the passenger door and starts looking under the rubber floormat.

I said, "what are you doing dude?" .....he replied, "how much?"......I said, "it's not for sale"

He gets all offended and asks, "then why would you bring this to a swap meet?"

I said, "because it's my daily driver....now get out of my truck!"

He walked away all pissed off.

9. Old geezers don't understand the rusty patina fad. They probably thought your truck was lawn art or an abandoned wreck. Not everyone "gets" the Make it look like it just pulled out of a field after 50 years style. They're not driving rusty mobility scooters, you know.

10. I doubt that the cops would be a necessary part of the equation and they are most likely locals. I would just go back and when I saw them I would thump them. Of course no one is going to say anything if I do it, I'm crippled. ;)

I used to live in a rough part of town and didn't lock my truck because I didn't want anyone to break a window out. I was in the convenience store one night about 10 or 11 and this tall superfly lookin guy walks in and days, " hey playah thers a N#*&#r in yo truck." So I walked out and sure enough there is the Pusher with the door hangin open and this butt stickin out at me. So I did the natural thing and planted my sized 11 boot right square in the middle of its man taint. The butt turns into a writhing bit of man flesh and says, " What you did?" I said, "did you forget something in my truck?" he says, "Dis TJs truck." So I planted my 11 in the middle of his face and said, " Tell TJ Benno just kicked yo black butt, now stay the hell out of my truck."

I went back inside and Superfly says," well player, no one gonna git in yo truck anymore." and then he grinned and says, "I save yo place in da line." I payed for my ciggs and his 40. He thanked me and when I went outside TJs friend was no longer there but my my truck was closed up and everything was still inside. Superfly and I drank his 40 before I went home.

I hate to say it but in this world you just got to be an ass on occaision. :eek:

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that you may have nailed it pretty close. My guess is that there was a bus from some sort of SR citizen home sitting not that far away.

Dealing with the public in public setting at work every day I can also relate to gents that age having a sense of entitlement that they believe puts them above the rules that are set for others. The "I'm over ____ I don't have to follow regular rules" thing unfortunately is real.

And then maybe it's just time to get rid of the "patina" that you are proud of and slick it out a bit so old farts won't think it was abandoned in the parking lot.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I have to ask: Why do you have a "dash camera" on your truck? Does it get broke into alot? I just don't see the point of your post other than a bunch of old guys that can be ID'd with a camera.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.