Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dean Moon's Moonbeam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. is this car still around ?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Now your just toying with me Jive Bomber. It wasn't just yesterday I was obsessing to ScooterMcRad over the phone about Potvin Blown Chevy's and how they rule. I was OBSESSING I tell you!!!!!

This and the Moon Eyes slingshot were running around my mind like Jesse Owens so now I will obsess again today. Thank you.

4. flamingokid

flamingokid

The Moonbeam also won the Brighton Speed Trials in England in the mid 60s.

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I love the Moonbeam!
    At one time it was a real terror!
    Until this came along....Norm C's Superstition #13
    Myth has it that Dean refused to sell Norm any parts after a while.....
    Great Article Jay.

Attached Files:

6. yxrancher

yxrancher

Moonbeam - always a favorite of mine as are Devin bodies. Anyone have one they want to sell? Does anyone make them anymore?

That pic with the wheelwells cut out for the slicks is awesome!

7. sololobo

sololobo

What an icon, saw it perform in early sixties at california drag strips. The car is so beautiful and it was angry little mofo, very exciting. Thanx for the re-visit. ~sololobo~

8. In the late 80's Dean had installed a blown flathead for Bonneville. Never did get a record as he also had a NOS bottle, and kept holding the button down untill the engine done blowed up!

9. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Alltime favorite aa/sp, moonbeam no slouch either

10. RETROGIRL

RETROGIRL

The Devin body is great example of timeless classic automotive grace. What a cool ride!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

...And the damn thing was beautiful too!!! I too have been obsessing over front drive blowers lately... anyone else loose their mind looking at that front blown Olds Chassis Research rail at L.A.R.S swap meet a few weeks ago?

12. autobilly

autobilly

CQQL!
    [​IMG]
    I dig this pic (dispite the poor composition).

13. jroberts

jroberts

I remember drooling over this car in all the magazines of the period. I think I was doing just that in shop class way back when, when I got caught by the teacher and received my one and only paddling. I still to this day think it was worth it! Thanks for reviving the memories of a fantastic piece of automotive history.

14. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I can't believe there hasn't been a post about this car sooner! What a great car that captures the sprit of the time.

15. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

Glad to see some positive feed back on such a cool car. Sport cars usually get snubbed by rodders but truth be told examples such as this embody what hot rodding is all about. I just wish more had survived and the prices were more reasonable.

16. zodc

zodc

MOONEYES has a Facebook page that they post pics to all the time. MOONBEAM shows up occasionally too. The car is now in Florida at Garlit's Museum.