Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////friday art show 3-2-12\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Another great show rolling along. Here's a couple of oils.....Love the Elvis/Caddy, Bob!!

Attached Files:

2. palat

palat

Great posts guys, always inspiring to see what you are up to.
    I did some 2-in-1 renderings, here's one of them.

[​IMG]

3. Nice work Todd, Gar, Steve(Spoggie), Neo Dutch, cixpack, BBB and Mike L. !!![/B]
    As well as everyone I miss....

Thanks Jimmy B.

Funny stuff Neal.

Bo, Thank you so much. I was a wide eyed 5 year old when I saw the Monkeemobile for the first time. I think it was bigger than a GTO to my eyes at the time and one of the reasons I picked up a pencil and drew my first car. I take chances posting it on here but I think Dean J. was doing his best to infuse his hot rodders heart into the heart of the muscle car trend like any of use guys might have tried to do.

I love the print! If you still have the screens set up, do you plan on a limited run on nice paper that same color, signed, numbered and dated??? (Hint!) shoot me a PM...

One of my favorite M'mobile stories is how Jeffries was given 2 factory fresh cars to work with. The first one was built to run witha functional blower and the rear axle housing welded to the frame. He smoked the tires around the studio lot and got it going so well, the insurance co. threatened to shut down the show's production before it got off the ground... The car was detooned after that. #2 has a dummy blower over a stock 4bbl. 'fold.

BoB, thanks! I like your pics too.

Hope all did well in Detroit! Hope to be there next year!!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

So...in Detroit we are goofing around in the artist alley ....
    and we came up with this.

So if you wanna see
    Max Grundy, John Jackson, Josh Welton, Keven Carter, Todd Jones, & Unkl Ian in a classic blast from the past....check out this commercial!

5. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Ahhh the Friday art show. here is one I did a few days ago.
    [​IMG]
    9X12 BR

6. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

toddyj - LOVE the tanker with the p-38
    bo- that woody design is perfection i would rock that as a shirt in a heart beat .

some may have seen this already because Jeff Norwell posted this and im overwhelmed with the great response it had , So happy Jeff loves it and im glad he chose lil me to do it , it was a blast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

black,metallic gold,white & vermillon 1-shot, and varigated red leaf (my fav)

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

http://vintagetorque.com.p4.hostingprod.com/asphaltfiends.html

Just want to THANK all the artists that helped out with the coloring book this year! The final batch is being printed now.

We had some rushed over to Detroit for last week and the response was VERY favorable. We will have some at the Chicago World of Wheels this weekend as well.
    [​IMG]

2012 Artists include:
    John Detich, Eric Foust,
    Grant Cushman, Ryan
    Curtis, Dustin
    Weisgerber, Kris
    Chisholm, Shawn
    Spiwak, Max Grundy,
    Andrew Wright, Paul
    Kester, Nate Greco,
    Shawn Dickinson,
    ZAKKA, Mike Learn,
    BigToe, Chad Lampert,
    Joey Finz, Mark
    Thompson, Bruce
    Gossett, Chad Scheres,
    Scott Fisk, Jeff Gaither,
    Johnny Jalopy, Corrie
    Erickson, Jim Hively,
    Ben Mitchell,
    BOMONSTER, Del
    Swanson, Sara Ray,
    Sinclair, Arlo Dillman, &
    Ger Peters. Special
    Front Cover by Zombie!

For the artists that we were not able to use this year - I am very sorry. We were trying to get this complete before Detroit and ran up against deadlines....
    and others were bumped because we wanted to use vertical formats instead of horizontal. Hope you enjoy the art and if you go to the website you can flip through the pages.
    In case the link above is not working -
    www.helpinghannahsheart.org
    then go ot the bottom of the front page and there will be a link for the coloring books.
    THANKS again!!!!

8. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Holy crap Jen, that helmet is off the charts bad ass!

9. dankyd

dankyd

Great job Bernie!!

10. great work Jen!!!
    Norwell is always good at supporting artists....now if only he sold his own artwork in Canada.....lol

here are a few things i started....just need to frame...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Great start Jigger! I loved watching the Monkees as a kid but Davy Jones alway makes me think of the Brady Bunch. I'm sure Marsha is heart broken.

Lots of good stuff this week but this one just made me stop and go "Ooooooo"

[​IMG]

12. Awesome...

13. stellar work Todd!

14. sololobo

sololobo

I love Fridays, JIgger, what a fitting tribute to Davey Jones, those lads out sold the Beatles and the Stones at their high point. Very cool. Vette Bob, R. Jetters Caddy is over the top, this beauty was the talk of the show in Kansas City W.O.W. event. Hot Rod Jen, its like this, I Love You! Maximus talent in every offering! Thanx all! ~sololobo~

15. Absolutely killer...outstanding

16. Martin Squires

Martin Squires

OK here's mine for this week. All sketched at the Race Retro Show Last Weekend over here in the UK:

www.raceretro.com

(The digital colour was done back in the studio)

[​IMG]
    1962 Cooper T59 Formula Junior
    (digitally painted ink sketch)

[​IMG]
    Austin Healey 100s Endurance Car
    A recreation of Donnald Healeys Bonniville car.

[​IMG]
    TZ 350cc Cyclecar
    What Can I say 150mph on your belly, The guy must be nuts haha!

[​IMG]
    Ellis Ford #3 Replica
    An old school British Stock car with the V8 they used to use in GT40s. Noww that's real racing!

Right now to go strip that wiring loom out of the truck!

martinsquiresautomotiveillustration.blogspot.com
    Follow Me On Facebook

17. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Bo, I keep looking at your tree with the woody. (that does not sound right) It is awesome.
    Here was another 9X12 I did this week. Todd, Jen Jigger, Gary always my favorites. Really nice Jen.
    [​IMG]
    BR

18. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

Great show so far. BOMONSTER that piece is just awesome. Jen - love the striping.

Here's a few pieces I striped in Detroit over the weekend for the Leader Dogs charity auction.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Great job, I really used to dig that show

WOW !!!!!!!!!! that helmet is bad ass

Great job guys, and gals ;)

20. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

Great work everyone..every piece is killer..dig them all.

I have been in a slump lately so I have been working through it..Here is my offering to the hot rod Gods!..johnny
    [​IMG]

21. HotRodJen! Once again your work is over the top.

22. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Excellent show everyone!

23. lemorris

lemorris
    from Tucson, AZ

wow

amazing stuff as always!

Been a while for me. nice to have somethin for here. Still in the works, but done enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Bob, you did an outstanding job on this piece...and I love it...I'm an old- fashioned artist, everything I do is pen and ink but I don't have a clue how to do this stuff on a computer...thanx.

FWIW, you don't know how popular this poster has become as I've had so many people ask me for prints of it.

If any of you HAMBer's need some of Bob's great work, visit his website and take a look at what he's done...you'll love it.

Thanx again,
    R-

25. Outstanding Jen! You are one gifted soul! Didn't want to overwhelm the board with tons of duplicate pictures so just used this view but the shell looks great , front to back and is set off beautifully with the 'Norwell Equipped", white visor; brilliant work!

Thanks again guys!
    Lemorris, beutiful work my friend.
    Martin Squires, love those sketches
    JonnyJ.!!! did somebody just take a huge leap forward??? Great stuff man, I really like this pick-up.

26. dart165

dart165

Really nice stuff so far!

Got my new shirts just in time for lasts week Autorama here in Detroit. OddRodGarage nailed it on the details! They came out super nice :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. some fridays come and some fridays go, but this friday steals the show! Man what a friday not one thing that is not over the top! Thanks to all for putting it on for people like me who can't draw their way out of a paper bag........

28. mx6262

mx6262

Carzy Cool......Great Job, Love it....

29. KCsledz

KCsledz

Love it!

30. Not too much from me either this week, still trying to recoupe from Detroit as many others likely still are too....
    First was a sketch of the So Cal lakester when I heard last Thursday that it would be in Detroit...
    [​IMG]

ANd lastly, I was online ( Stupid Facebook) yesterday and an unexpected surprise happened. My 1959 Mercury that I've bought and sold twice now has possibly resurfaced for me to own it for a third and final time...While online learning of this I doodled this in my work book, ahhh, reminds me of high school again( not the car, the doodling,ha,ha)[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.