Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paul Horton's Welder Series: Chassis Parts -- Suspension Kits & Pieces

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by WelderSeries, Aug 19, 2011.

1. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Background

by Paul Horton
    An enjoyable part of my work at Horton Street Rod Products was helping builders solve “special” problems with parts that were readily available, often from kits that were in stock. In order to make those parts easier to identify, the name “Welder Series” was used – they are a “series” of parts cataloged primarily for “welders”.
    Welder Series was originally going to be another product line sold through Horton’s, but that changed when Paul Barber came to me in early 2005 with an offer to buy the street rod products end of the company. He wanted to sell the Welder Series parts and Horton kits, but didn’t want to manufacture them. I had the drawings and enjoyed the design part of the business, so we split the company. (Paul Barber’s offer also let me keep my machinery and shop to do “R&D” work.)
    Welder Series stayed in the same building that had housed Horton Street Rod Products since 1994 – in the same town that had been home to the company since 1978.

The Welder Series product line has really been in development since 1960, when I started building street rods in my parents’ back yard. Many Welder Series’ parts and kits were being made and sold by Horton Street Rod Products since the beginning of the company in 1978. Welder Series just lets builders have the option of doing their own welding.
    There are lots of talented builders out there, both professional and hobbyists. Anyone who has built a hot rod knows it takes a lot of time to design and build clean looking, functional parts.
    Welder Series supplies professional quality kits and parts, welded and ready-to-weld, to save you time and money.
    Two slogans have been part of Dorothy and Paul Horton’s business and personal lives, and will continue with Welder Series: “K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple and Safe)”, and “We want to help you enjoy building your project.”
    About Our Kits

All flat steel and tubing used in Welder Series parts is Canadian or American. Parts are assembled and welded in Breslau, Ontario, Canada.

WS Kits: As labor is usually a large part of the cost of any project, the more labor you can provide yourself, the less dollars the project will cost. The unique idea behind Welder Series kits is that if you can weld, you can make professional quality kits using our parts. Everything comes in the box except the welding. Assembly sheets show and tell how the kit components go together and installation sheets show how to position the part in your project.
    Welded Kits: The majority of our kits are available completely welded, too. Artfully tig welded, you'll be happy with the quality. Some parts are mig welded, like our Mustang II crossmembers. These welds are smooth clean, too.

About Our Parts

All of the parts used in our kits (and even more handy bits and pieces) can be ordered individually. Pick the components you need to make your own custom parts. Components are CAD designed and CNC machined. These are professional parts to help you build a quality hot rod for less money using your welding talent.
    We'd be happy to quote custom laser cutting, too. Please email us with your specs.

About Shipping

We ship to the USA every day via UPS. Welder Series pays all brokerage charges so there are no surprises when the UPS driver delivers your parts. Our shipping policy is 10% of the order total, with a minimum charge of $15 and a maximum charge of $60 (example: a $250 sway bar will ship for $25). Please contact us for overseas shipping quotes or outside the lower 48 or Territories of Canada.

Contact Us
    Hours: 9-5, Monday-Friday. Check our website for holiday hours.

Welder Series Inc.
    244-4 Woolwich St S
    Breslau, ON
    N0B 1M0

1-888-648-2150
    www.welderseries.com
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

3. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

We have flanges in stock for 2-1/4″ and 2-1/2″ tubing, in mild steel. Stainless flanges available in 2-1/2″ only.
    2-1/4″, mild steel: $4.38/ea
    2-1/2″, mild steel: $4.38/ea
    2-1/2″, 304 stainless: $10.00/ea
    Sale’s on until November 11 or so. Click on the picture to head over to the flanges in our web store.

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great service and killer products.....

Attached Files:

5. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

killer products killer service... i love talking to paul or dw when i call

6. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks! I'm glad you're happy talking to either of us- there are no other options! :D We're a family business; just the two of us most of the time.

7. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Here's my girl Lily (7) putting nuts on adjuster studs. She's third generation Welder Series! I was working for my dad when I was her age.

Attached Files:

8. BillyM

BillyM

Just reinforcing what Jeff and Fatdaddy have already said.....

Could not find better service or price, they are fabulous to deal with!

9. 52Poncho

52Poncho

Super service and prices by real Rodders! :cool:

10. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

http://www.welderseries.com/blog/2012/01/c-notch-sale/

[​IMG]

Good grief, it’s been a while since we’ve done a Halfer. There’s not much to explain- these three c notches (or “upside-down U notches”, or “half O notches”) were full price, and now they’re half that. Click the picture (or here: http://www.welderseries.com/blog/online-store/category/onsale/) to head over to our secure web store if you’d like to have some shipped to you. We’d be happy to write your order over the phone too: 1-888-648-2150. That’s a toll-free call.
    “We’re” was $7.50, now $3.75.
    “half” was $11.90, now $5.95.
    “price.” was $12.75, now $6.37.
    Prices are per piece (two required per frame). Halfer price available until at least February 10th.
    Don’t worry, if you ordered any of these notches within the past month, we’ll credit your account here to reflect the sale price.

11. Lenco

Lenco

Just put together one of your coil-over MII Cross-member kits for a customer, excellent product and very easy to assemble.

Thanks for making hot-rodding more affordable, you guys are a fabricators dream!

(From Federal in QC).

12. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

13. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Summer Show Schedule

Posted June 19th, 2012
    For the past umpteen years, we’ve been attending two shows with our display: the Syracuse Nationals (in Syracuse), and the NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus in Louisville. This year, we’ll also attend those two shows. If you stop by our usual booth location though, you will notice something different. No, Paul didn’t dye his hair. Guess again. Nope- we didn’t get one of those tractor trailers with the “not for hire” sticker on the window. The only thing that’s changed is whose display is in that spot- it’s not ours! After a lot of discussion, we’ve decided to relinquish our vendor spots and attend the shows in the ’32 as participants.
    Maintaining the display will take away a lot of production and shipping time (we are, after all, in the hot rod chassis parts business), and Paul and Dorothy are getting to the point that they no longer want to stand in the same place for a few days. Since his name is on the door, if he wants to walk, let the man walk. I benefit as well, since my wife and children will probably come to Louisville with me to hang out and participate. We’ll get to roam and check out cars together!
    All three of us enjoy talking with everyone who stops in to the booth, so that’s definitely a down side. Even though we won’t have a display, we’ll still enjoy talking with people around the fairgrounds. I’ll be updating our Facebook page from the show as well.
    I realize I didn’t need to explain all that, but I wanted to convey the point that business is going well and this is a decision which we didn’t make lightly. For a family business, deciding how you spend your time is key. We want to keep our business sharply focused on getting high quality parts out the door quickly, and this is one way we feel we’re deliberately maintaining that focus.
    I’m interested to hear your feedback.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

Great parts and fast service!

15. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

To get the Alliance discount on our web store, please see the Alliance members section of the forum.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. fordmechanic

fordmechanic
    BANNED

got me a front and back crossmember today. fantastic parts.

17. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

We'll be in Syracuse in a couple weeks, and Louisville shortly after that. We won't have a display again this year - it's nice to be able to hang out and enjoy the show, talk to builders, and be able to sit down at will :)

Just an update regarding T shirts... we were out of them for quite a while but we now have them in stock again. There was a little glitch in communication between the shirt printer and I, and she ended up printing the second last design. It's still a Problem Child original, just not the cool garage scene I was hoping for. Anyways, they're available on our web store under Apparel. I chose American made shirts made from USA cotton to try to keep as many dollars on the continent.
    Hope to see you this summer!

18. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

If you're familiar with the loveable shape of our 18200 and 18201 frame tabs (they're so cute), you won't see much different about this little guy... until you see its edge. This tab is 3/8" thick, pickled and oiled, and ready for your early Ford tie rod end taper. You could also use it as a single shear urethane bushing mount if you were so inclined.

The 1/2" hole is 1" off the frame edge.
    And why not... HALFER! From Feb 19 through March 7, these tabs will be on sale for half price: $2.25/ea.

Click or tap to check it out on our web store.

19. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Hi folks! Wanted to give a little Welder Series update...
    First, we're very busy so I need to thank all of you who have trusted us for your chassis parts.
    Paul and Dorothy have been spending less time at the shop lately, so I'm often there by myself welding, emailing, packaging, and doing other jobs that need to be done at a family business.
    Alliance members still get 10% off their parts, and combined with the current dollar exchange rate, that can add up to significant savings. $1 US = $1.35 CDN, and our parts are all in Canadian dollars. Your hard earned American dollars go further at Welder Series!

Looking forward to Syracuse and Louisville this year!
    Thanks very much for your support. The HAMB has been really good to us.
    DW

Lcats likes this.