Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much HP? 390 FE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoolCat82, Feb 24, 2010.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

As mentioned, its hard to tell exactly what HP you'l get from your FE, but if its going in a lightweight hot rod, it'll provide plenty of reliable horsepower. FE's are a bit more difficult to build and certainly more expensive to build than some V-8's but they've been around a long time, make good power and torque and sound awesome. Here's mine in a 31 coupe.
    [​IMG]

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I am having trouble finding the correct words to describe just how awsome your motor is.... So I guess bad ass will have to do while it doesn't do it justice.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

Boutlaw Im in a build using a rear radiator and electric water pump for the street has this combo worked OK for you? All help appreciated.

4. Deuces

Deuces

The only things "The BOSS" needed was a Holley 850 carb instead of the stock 735 cfm Holley carb and a nice set of headers so it could breath......

5. jshanematthews

jshanematthews
    from jesup ga

I myself have just bought a 390 it has edelbrock 650 4 bbl carb with aluminum intake. Would love to get more ponies any suggestions?

6. JshaneMathews: Suggestions ???

Join the FEForum and read alot.
    There are tips there for Intake choice,Heads, Cam's, Headers, Distributors, and for FE's timing will wake up an FE. You might want a larger carb & exactly which intake do you have? Alot of FE aluminum manifolds made in the late 70's and 80's were for economy in PU trucks and really limit HP but do make OK low RPM torque.

Movin/on

7. jshanematthews

jshanematthews
    from jesup ga

Edlebrock intake. I bought the engine 2ndI hand has molly ignition dist. I have a pic of the engine font know how to upload from.my.phone