Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Orthodontic Office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Apr 4, 2011.

1. I'm one of those people who have a fear of the dentist, but this is one i would make an exception for. Looks bad ass!

2. luvzccr

luvzccr

it'd be awesome if your dentist tools were disguised as actual tools, like a ratchet, screwdriver or an actual drill lol, etc.

3. b32roadster

b32roadster
    from Carlow

savage........... Love it

4. Labold

Labold

If I had teeth that's where I would take them.

5. Thank you again guys! I sure appreciate the kind words. I posted it here on the HAMB knowing that this the crowd that would actually "get" it. This post seems to be the jumping point from where the other folks are posting it around. This afternoon I got a call from Edmunds.com wanting to do an interview after they saw it on the Top Gear site (who picked it up from here). Now if I could only realize my dream and see myself in Rodder's Journal.... LOL. I don't think Steve Coonan would be able to get that great sunset light he is so good at to come inside and really make this stuff pop, so I guess to make that dream come true I'll actually have to build a car. LOL

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Coolest dentist office ever.

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would fly in from Maine for that office. Very cool:D:D

8. gonmad

gonmad

Awesome Dave! Congrats on your "fame"! Lol! Don't get too big of a head! Lol!

9. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

Wow. There are no words that could adequately express how cool that office really is. Just, wow.

10. Truly astonishing!!

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't wait I get the tour Saturday evening.....

Happy Trails, Mick

12. skoh73

skoh73

Just saw the thread for the first time- HOLY COW!!! That is just way too cool. You'll probably get a few people interested in the hobby who weren't before. Good job.

13. horace urrey

horace urrey

only in arkansas; the make the kids scared to death of the dentist dental association from the fortys and fiftiesare rolling in thier graves. thank you on many levels for a really great job of making the dentist/orthodontist office a much friendly place than it was in my day. KOOL is the word. pm me some time if you get a spare bit of time.

14. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Looks Fantastic...What a great idea you had there...

Steve

15. banginona40

banginona40

Very nicely done!! Nothing like that when I was wearing braces in 1957.

16. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

AWESOME! I bet you actually enjoy going to the office everyday. I may have to fly out there when my little newborn girl gets some teeth. Nice work.

17. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Dave,

That is one cool office!

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I took the tour last month. You can't believe how much kooler it is to see in person.
    Pictures do not do it justice. Dave did a fantastic job rebuilding the car parts and
    all of the details. Next time I'm bringing the Merc so I can park in front of the building.

Happy Trails, Mick

19. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

Makes me want to go get braces! haha

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

HOLY SH*T, DOC! That is freakin' amazing! Makes me wanna knock out a few teeth and come by.

21. buckd

buckd

I got my picture of 'car in front of', but it's on Augie's camera. I need to get him to post it!!!! :D

22. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

that is possibly the coolest thing i've ever seen..amazing job!

23. Haha! You guys all crack me up! :) The real funny thing is how far this has started to travel from this little HAMB post I did to show my buddies the finished project. I got 2 emails and 3 phone calls this week from folks who got emails about it. All of them were connected someway to the construction industry, so I guess it is somehow making the rounds through there. No one really "gets it" though, so far as the traditional hot rod stuff, but you guys. :D

It is truly astounding and actually, quite humbling, to me how well it has been accepted and appreciated. I built it based on stuff out of my life and my own goofy interests. Having never been a "cool kid" and still not considering myself a "cool kid," it is quite amazing to me that is has had the broader appeal that it has.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

25. ravedodger

ravedodger

Can I order fries and a soda there after a cleaning? :D

26. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Had not seen this until now. Most unique, to say the least. Actually, "over the top" probably describes YOUR vision and accomplishment. Really nicely and tastefully done. DD

27. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Nice job. The respect you have for your dad in the way you talk about him says alot about him and the good job he did with you. The life connection of stories and the execution makes it even better accomplishment. Well done my friend. Thanks for sharing.

28. duke182

duke182

very cool
    congrats on getting it finished

29. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i have no idea how i missed this thread..would it be weird to fly out to ya to have my teeth cleaned!! this is just friggin AWESOME!!

30. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

So when are you opening an office in Austin or DFW area :)