Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 29 A sedan update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29 rattrap, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

No offence, but thats just plain ass stupid, and this is coming from an 18 year old!

Rethink that front perch. Thats a wreck waiting to happen.

Get your motor and everything up on jackstands first, then start measuring.

2. Glen

Glen

This thread should be deleted.

3. 29 rattrap

29 rattrap
    from New York

I wasnt finished but i guess ill cut it off and use the stock model a front cross member

its my first build
    im only 17

4. 29 rattrap

29 rattrap
    from New York

I can admit when im wrong, and i appreciate it when people tell me that i f'd up. thanks for steering me in the right direction

5. Thats cool man. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. You've already got what looks like a 3"-4" kick in the front, that should be sufficient. Chop off that perch and start fresh. Like others have said, that springs gonna settle a bunch with the weight of the drivetrain in it.

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

your best bed for keeping it low is one of the new dropped crossmember and a lowered, reversed-eye main leaf. the same can be said for the rear. you can keep your floors and lower the kick in the rear by about half if you switch to a 1940 rear spring with reversed eyes instead of the A spring. since it's a sedan, nobody will see it and there's no point in running one unless you are sticking a quickchange out back.