Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 chevy dwarf car street legal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skull, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skull

skull

l am putting a 5/8 scale [dwarf car] race car on the street, streched the frame 8" so the honda 1100cc V twin sets straight and the exhaust runs down the passenger side, harley fat boy mufflers, chain drive adaptor linked to a driveshaft connected to a toyota rearend, geo raditor so cooling should not be an issue, l/4" lexan front and rear windows, side windows and driver side will go up and down, custom taillights and roadster headlights, also gonna leave the number and race looking paint on it, l think it'll be a blast,,, l will post more pics as l get further along,,, tell me what ya think.....J :eek:

Attached Files:

2. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

i think you're on the wrong board to be going on about that.

3. 41woodie

41woodie

Sounds like fun, Years and I mean years ago at the NSRA nats in Memphis, there was a little C-cab showed up with a Subaru boxer motor in it. Absolutely destroyed the Streetkhana. Also a scaled down T bucket with a V6 in it that was beautifully finished and detailed. If you saw a picture of it by itself you wouldn't have noticed the small size.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

and youve got an 84 olds delta 88 LOL.
    Dave

5. guiseart

guiseart

I was just watching a dwarf race on speed thinking about how they'd look streeted.

6. guiseart

guiseart

7. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

hell yeah i do, i also have a '41 diamond t that i'm building a '38 caddy to put in it. notice the pic in my avatar. but since you brought it up, that '84 delta is a 12 second car that is my daily driver while i finish the diamond t. it has a 10.7:1 461 olds in it and has no more computer control. did i mentiont that i built it all with my bare hands as well? oh yeah, it's all metal too :p

8. john56h

john56h

I've considered trying to build a "just for fun" street version of a Legends Car. At least the fiberglass body panels are fairly inexpensive. I think I'd go ahead and build my own chassis in favor of the ones that 600 Racing manufacture.

Maybe a 60HP flathead V-8, and cutdown Model-T axles would be cool???

9. skull

skull

hey guys,, just wanted to build something different,,,l have a 65 4 door chevelle wagon, a 66 2dr chevelle, 51 dodge truck with small block chevy [ya ya ya ], 29 glass roadster and a 4 door 57and if no one buys the long box 62 unibody ford truck its next to be worked on after my dwarf car is done, l have a donor 89 lincoln with aod and 302 for it, ,,just thought i'd tell you all about doing something a little off the wall instead of the same stuff over and over,, been there done that,,my other toys are fun but l think the dwarf car will reallly turn heads and it'll be liked or not,,, don't think there will be much in between, there is a legend car that is street legal l found and had 4 people on my other posts tell me they know of one street legal, one is in arizona and l don't know where the others are,,, just haven' fun building stuff , thanks..J,:)

10. A Boner

A Boner

Looks like FUN to me.:)

11. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

if a suitable vintage "microcar" were used as a shell, (messerschmidt, fiat 500, crosley, king midget, etc) i'm thinking street legality/title would be less of an issue. that very idea has been rollin' around in my noggin since i saw my first dwarf car in 1990.

12. carguy

carguy

I am curious to see how you made out. I have a '37 Chevy Legends that is 90% ready for the street. The real issues have been the additions needed to get it through DMV. What state is it registered in? I am in Connecticut. you are bout the 3rd person that I am aware of that has done this. My car is complete with wipers lights, speedometer, parking brake and will have a finished interior. I should be ready by next month (March 2008)

13. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's not traditional by any stretch but I wish you and I were neighbors. :D

That sounds like some serious hooliganism waiting to happen.

14. carguy

carguy

Here is a quick picture.[​IMG]

15. carguy

carguy

16. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Id paint it red.. I hate white :D
    Dave

17. carguy

carguy

18. I think it sounds like a blast. My dad talked about doing th same thing for years, just ran out of time. We would have used one of my old Goldwing refugee engines + a turbo. I too would build my own frame and probably not use those big front wheels just to make it look a little less cartoony. I'd have to run a streight narrow axle and hood sides too. Over all I think it's a great idea. Oh yeah, sblmnl msg :D <<< 2000c.c. Vulcan for low end grunt>>>:D

19. carguy

carguy

Well the 37 Chevy Legend is complete, street legal and registered. I will be trailering it to Carlisle and put it in the car corral. it is a real blast on the street. I'm turning 100 rpm per mph so 100 mph would not be too hard to do. Here it is.

:):):):)

Attached Files:

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

What a waste of time.

21. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

22. hkestes

hkestes

23. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Man I disagree. I have also thought of this. A one person 11 second. 30 mpg. Daily driver! I my self would make it look as traditional as possible. Better than a damn cavalier or civic.

24. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

If your a Pyramid Shriner, or a clown or a midget then yes they are legal, other-wise no.............:rolleyes:

25. I always thought that might be fun too. However , I doubt they'll let you get away with Lexan windows

26. chrisw

chrisw
    from oklahoma

your just mad that you didnt think of it

27. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

hey..fng..don't uproot a one yearold post and start crap right out of the box...introduce yourself before you rag on anyone

especially on kirk...

28. long island vic

long island vic

only problem is no reverse

29. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Hell the way people drive that rollcage will come in handy!!

30. A friend has a similar car and ran into/ got run into/ met in the middle with a Toyota truck.

It smashed the little car up good, and his melon as well.

I wouldn't want to drive one on the street, but off the street, they are fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.