Register now to get rid of these ads!

Middle Tennessee/Southern Kentucky pinstripers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gator, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Gator

Gator

Hey guys, are any of you on here who live in the Nashville area Stripers or know of anybody working in the area? I'd like to ask some questions. Thanks!

2. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I think all the stripers wait for the friday art show. Von Tingler stripes,but where is he??:Dsparky

3. Gator

Gator

Thanks Sparky, maybe I'll have to repost it then.

4. Gator

Gator

Bumpin' up for the Friday artists, anyone??

5. brandonvalentine

brandonvalentine

I know this is an old thread, but I'd sure like to know the answer to this. Seems like there's a lot of Rockabilly kids driving around in 50s iron. Someone has to be doing their pinstriping. Anyone?

6. A guy named Rick Harris used to live in or around N'ville. He is the best. Period.

7. brandonvalentine

brandonvalentine

Thanks for the name! Two seconds later I have my answer. He still lives here in Mt. Juliet, TN (an Eastern suburb), and has a website for his pinstriping business: http://www.rickharrispinstriping.com/

I love this place. Cheers.

8. Hey Brandon, welcome to the HAMB. ;)

Rick's not the only striper around here. George at Visual Edge does some real nice work--he's in Lascassas. Tommy Sanborn still slings, I think(Rick will prolly know where to find him)....and since this post....GATOR has come into his own as a damn talented striper and a helluva nice guy to boot. Contact him FIRST.:cool:

9. brandonvalentine

brandonvalentine

Thanks, man. Sounds like there's a few more hot rodders around these parts than I was aware of. Nice to hear a few names. I liked Rick's site because it looks like he does both painting and striping. I'm gonna need some paint work soon and I'd always rather give my money to an independent guy than some crooked body shop. I'll certainly look into the other guys you mentioned.

Thanks again!

10. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I heard Gator was the best in the Nashville area.

11. Hey, I resemble that remark........:eek:

Seriously....I'm not looking for any more paint projects at the moment, but maybe I can help----and Gator can stripe it for ya.

This sounds like a damn commercial, don't it:rolleyes:

12. brandonvalentine

brandonvalentine

I'll tell you, the first project on my list (and in my budget) won't require any striping. The striping is for a project later on down the line. I've got a '74 Beetle Sun Bug that was the first car I ever put my own cash on the barrelhead for almost 10 years ago (I'm a fairly young guy). I haven't driven it in a couple years because it was in desperate need of an engine rebuild but I'm finally in the middle of taking care of the mechanical stuff. When it's back on the road in the next month or two I'm going to want some help with the paint. It's got an excellent body without any rust at all save a strip of surface rust on the hood, which can be pulled off and sand blasted. The dreaded previous owner had it resprayed over the original paint without so much as roughing it up it looks like and that budget paint job is starting to peel off in spots, leaving the original paint showing through (and with which there appears to be nothing wrong, I don't know why he resprayed it). I'm horrible at body and paint work so I'll be looking for someone smarter than me to give me advice on what I oughta do and maybe who's willing to do the work. These are, from what I understand, fairly easy cars to paint since they're small and come apart into different pieces easily.

At any rate thanks for all the advice and in a few months when I'm ready to jump on that paint job I'll be back in this thread asking around. :)

13. Gator

Gator

I totally forgot about posting this, it was right after I joined the HAMB. I was getting back into striping after a LONG haitus and was looking for some advice, pointers and kind of a 'Mentor'

Rick is very good, does more modern 'mini truck' style striping. I called him when I started back striping. He wasn't the least bit interested in helping me.

On the flip side, Tommy Sanborn is an old timer I found down in Dickson, hes been striping and painting signs since 1957 and does more of the traditional style I was looking to learn anyway. He was also more than happy to offer advice and help out, and has become a good friend. You'll never hear a bad thing said about Tommy.

There's a couple of other stripers around who I've met in the last couple of years, a guy named Browder, and Gary Mizar (who used to work for some guy named Ed Roth) is also here in Tennessee. Both are good stripers, and Gary still does some fantastic cartoons and 'fine art' He was working for Street Rods by Michael last I heard.

:eek: I don't know about that Shawn, but thanks for the compliment. The best striper I've watched lately (around here anyways) is that kid from Atlanta - Gaucho's apprentice. Wow!

14. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

:eek: I don't know about that Shawn, but thanks for the compliment. The best striper I've watched lately (around here anyways) is that kid from Atlanta - Gaucho's apprentice. Wow![/quote]

Is that the kid that striped my Bucket in Huntsville ???? Didn't get his name

15. LastChance

LastChance

I know that this thread has been dead awhile but I got to give some coots to a gentelmen mention above. Browder. This guy has done everything down here for the Ardmore Show (2010/2011) and it has been great. His pricing is great and he will come to you make the experience one to remember. He may even bring the cool pops for you(if you ask nice). If need to see his work, pm me and I will send you some pics. A really great person and is not out to screw you or trying to outgun anyone else. A class act.

Now also do not let Gator fool you either, he is very talented and attend the show down here many times and stripes out some great shit. Needing a mentor my ass, he teaches them. Another great guy and fun to be around.

Also one more for the Tennesse Valley is Joe Keenum aka (Smurf), a master, need not say more.

You can google most of these guys and find them. If you need em just pm me and I will get you with them.

Happy Rodding Boys.

16. killer-D

killer-D

I do alot of work in that area

17. BlackLion

BlackLion
    from Nashville

My truck was striped during a resto back in the 80's. He signed it on the tailgate
    "The Brush" . Trucks been in Nashville area since then. Anybody ever heard of this guy? It'd be awesome to find him since I want to keep it like it is.