Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Stoner T and Satan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Conder

Conder

Howdy! Here's a few pictures of the work going on at Conder Custom...We'll be updating the site soon, drop by next week or so if ya feel like it! http://www.condercustom.com - Happy Holidays to all the great and fine folks who've supported us over the years! - The Conders

* Daves Caddy and John's chop
    * Dan's T
    * Yep, that's SATAN...

Attached Files:

2. jonnycola

jonnycola

Your posts are food for my soul.

3. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

That is some real cool stuff.Is it goin to be a drag car?I just didnt see any spring on that front end..

4. alchemy

alchemy

Are there 1/4 elliptics hidden under the frame horns?

5. I see where the spring is... is that a torsion bar, or the 1/4 elliptic, like the guy above me said.

I love the scoop and the tractor "wishbone"

6. Conder

Conder

Dan's T is a street car, with a dragster style torsion bar set up for the street. I turned the frame into a hinge just ahead of the motor...Those tractor bones were his idea and I really like 'em too!

7. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

So the bones are from a Ford 8n/9n type of tractor, with the ball & socket ends?

That's cool. I've been wondering when someone would get around to using those.

8. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

How did you eliminate bind with the hinged front horns and the 'bones' being different lengths?

Fascinating setup.

9. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Is this the car that you are building?

Attached Files:

10. biggen

biggen

your the man.. the work thats done on the T frame is out standing...

11. Conder

Conder

Stoner's car started out to be a show rod, and Allison did the first (BITCHIN') concept for it. A while later I did this junk sketch for a thread on here, and after Dan saw it we started talking.

We're both dragster nuts, so the car went the hot rod route...Dan has bled real red blood on this thing, finding true vintage parts to build it with (no re-pop stuff) and through gritted teeth has managed to say yes to me on almost everything (except a blower.)

I can't really say too much about the front end yet, but it works pretty good. When it's finish detailed out it will look like the frame's just sitting on the axle! The body is on it now and I'm fitting up the Shroeder steering. We're looking for a silver, vintage 'chute pack (cover only) and a good Olds posi in the 3:60 to 4:11 range too, spools or spiders (done RIGHT) are fine... - Thanks, Tim

Attached Files:

12. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

That drawing rips TIM and so does the progress pics on Dan's T:)

Can't wait till yer done with it, it looks amazing!
    best wishes,
    CAB

13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Oh my. Me likey Stoners T................a lot!!!!!

14. Tim,
    Looks good man! I'll have to stop by sometime and check out Dan's T (I've been meaning to for a while, but you know how work goes). I also want to talk to you about some paint work. Have a good holiday.

ford.

15. beatnik

beatnik

Did you narrow the door and the quarter panel?

16. Conder

Conder

Yep, I took 4 inches out of the rear window, 4 out of the door and flattened out the firewall...lost a foot! Tucked the motor into the cowl slightly and shortened the wheelbase 6 inches.

17. rab71

rab71

Oh my gawwd! That is exactly what I want to do with my T except my T is a roadster! That is sooo awsome! I had that ecaxt thing stuck in my head. Thank you for bringing it out:D

18. Petey

Petey

Very cool.
    I thought your sketch was amazing when I first saw it.
    I look forward to seeing more of the build.

19. beatnik

beatnik

Bitchen! Keep the wesite updated or keep posting here. I'm digging it and want to follow the build.

Gus

20. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

This is the kinda stuff I like comin' to the HAMB for!! That is BADASS!! Awesome stuff Mr. Conder! Did I mention how BADASS that was!?!

21. That chassis looks Killer

22. Von Franco

Von Franco

As allways Tim you never let us down man great job and Merry-xmas and have a
    cool yule....................

23. Joe King

Joe King

When it's done I will be willing to fly to Sonoma and deliver it to Stoner in Frisco! It may take me a week but I will do that for you free of charge.

24. Conder

Conder

Thanks for the comments folks! Here are a couple more, then I gotta head over to the shop and ACTUALLY work on the car....OKAY???!!!! DAN???!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

25. Plowboy

Plowboy

Dan was telling me all about the suspension at the Roundup last year. I had given up on actually seeing any pics of it.

It is Superfly! In addition to being a flake god you are also a mechanical visionary. I have 2 of those T-coupes. I couldn't ever really get too excited about them, but now you have the gears turning. I am trying to think of neat suspension stuff for future projects instead of doing lame shit like grafting fins on to everything., however I usually come up with the same tired old suspension idears. Ha Ha Ha

26. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Conder everything lookin great. The Titan tripple disc looks tuff sittin on the table ready to be installed in Satan. Also the pic of ya puttin the motor in Stoners T; the orange cherry picker looks like it is hanging head because your using something else to put in the motor, ha, ha. Do you see it or is it just me? Keep firing away lookin bad ass.

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

28. We talkin bout Stoner from Garage magazine? Looks crazy!!!