Thread: Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
Ryan
Administrator

Default Re: Road Trip Revival: Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Six View Post
We really are happy to hear that everyone had such a great time. I'm glad you brought up the parking garage, because I had forgotten about that. Living here in town I opted for my own bed at the end of each day over a hotel, but the rest of the TRJ crew was at the Waterfront Marriott. I met Steve back there around midnight Thursday night to take care of some last minute details for Friday. When I pulled in, it was like being in a museum. The garage was full of amazing cars and while there were plenty of people milling around, it was really quiet. I don't know if it was the late hour or what, but everyone was super low key - saying hey to friends or introducing themselves to others, detailing their cars, or just standing there and staring.

I spent a little time with Jack and Kathy Stirneman, who have ascended to the title of "nicest people in the world" in my book, and also met a guy named Brad who had driven this bitchin' little Model A down from Connecticut on his own (I saw him at every single cruise and event we had all weekend). It was just a neat vibe that continued throughout the weekend, and as much as we put into planning this thing, credit for that part of it falls 100% on the people and cars who were there.
Curt
Quit your sniveling... You folks did an exceptional job and deserve the credit.

Ryan Cochran

"Skating the same line since 1976..."
.................................................. ....
www.jalopyjournal.com - www.garagejournal.com - www.gearjournal.com - www.fordbarn.com - www.DOGFIGHTmag.com
offline   Reply With Quote