Register now to get rid of these ads!

Forum rules

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by sgtlethargic, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Question: Where are the forum rules?

Suggestion: I always forget where they're hiding. Please put a link to the rules in a more obvious place, such as at the top of the main HAMB forum, where they'd be more useful. To put it into a car analogy: It's like having a speed limit sign completely behind bushes and expecting drivers to know what the speed limit is.

More questions: Have the forum rules changed? Have the moderators' attitudes toward enforcing the forum rules changed? If it's a case of being overloaded with work to enforce the rules, my suggestion might help. To add to my car analogy: I'm just wondering if enforcement of the speed limit has become looser because I might want to bend the rules, too.

Thanks,
    Kurt

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

The Guidelines and Rules are here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

Forum Rules have not changed.

But because of the volume, its hard to catch everything.

Please help us out by Reporting things that do not belong on the HAMB.

edit.

Ryan types faster than me... :D

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I thought about your analogy for a bit.

I think I have a better one.

The Rules and Guidelines are in the Intro Forum, and marked "Read This First!"

Like a drivers briefing, before you are let loose on the racetrack.

5. Not bad, not bad at all. I guess the thing is, is there are some people that seem to have gone off-track (h yuck, h yuck).

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you see something, hit the report button. We will get right on it.

7. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

Ok I got pinched on this. I sent a message and i hope to get a answer back tomarow. I put a request in for a new historic stock car photos area 1965 to the 80's. Aparently this post wants mid 60's and older, I didn't know that. It was cool finding this post, but not fun to find out mid 60's and older only:(. What about my age group 70's and 80's. The 50's and 60's are what i dreamed adout watching. Its all history to me and other guys my age. I hope this is the area to voice my thoughts:rolleyes:. Trickle still rules:D!

8. rougebeats

rougebeats

If that is the case, you may want to find another site that is already appropriate for what you care to post and discuss about rather than try to change what this site is already founded on.. It is the equivelant to me going to a ricer forum and saying that there needs to be a spot where I can talk about my 53 Chevy.

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

We went through all this with the Stock Car thread already.
    ( very recently, and already people are posting pics of 2nd gen Camaro's and asking for '80s pics...)

The cut off date for the entire HAMB is 1964.

Not a sliding scale, because that date was chosen to keep the Musclecars and Ponycars out.

We expect new users to Fill out their Profile.
    Post a Intro on the Intro Forum.
    And we recommend you read some more. Check out all the forums, develop an understanding for how things work around here, learn the “do’s” and “do not’s”… The key to a happy HAMB newbie is to understand the joint BEFORE you begin posting.

10. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

Ok, 64 and older. Any other sites you know of for pictures? I didn't want to offend you guys sorry!!

11. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

If I'am banned from hamb do all my post go to? Just asking.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you're banned does it really matter??? :rolleyes:

13. 2nd Back Car

2nd Back Car

Not really, I found another seit for my pictures. But I can come back and see what other ones come up. Good luck in the historic stock car photo area.!!!

14. sp1ke

sp1ke

So how does this point thing work I now have 4 points.

sp1ke