Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wwill post 64 cars be accepted someday?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 5096PS, Apr 6, 2011.

1. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

Very much a supporter and attend as many traditional rod events as I can. I love the concept of "home built" cars,,not store bought vehicles the owner has never worked on,,,and probally can't. An avid Stock /Super Stock drag racer for years,and now really enjoy the hot rod shows in the Midwest area.The oldest car I have is a 68,and I'm wondering if that new of a car will ever be accepted at places like the Hunnert car Pileup,Vintage Torque Fest,Rust Revival etc? I fully respect the need for a "Cut Off" date ,but wondering if an expanded acceptance of newer cars,and an appropriate spot for say,,,all post 1960 cars at the events would harm what traditional Hot Rodding is really all about. Please don't flame me here,,I'm not trying to change the system ,,I just know of some really cool 65 thru 70 cars that would love to be able to park in the show area,and are not billet or show car paint garage queens,but are really neat vehicles that folks could enjoy seeing. Thanks HAMB,,and love what your doing!

2. squirrel

squirrel

They're accepted by lots of people in lots of places. But not on a pre-64 group that is all about how things were before muscle cars came along.

3. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I hope not. There are plenty of places for post '64 cars. I think a '64 cut off is too new anyhow...

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

seriously?

um...

5. Mutt

Mutt

If all cars are accepted at all events then the events lose the flavor that the people who started them wanted.

This board is a good example. Over the years people have tried to be included because they like what we do here. But they don't want to get a car that qualifies. They want us to change to meet their car. It's really no different than a Chevrolet trying to join a Ford club.

If someone is having fun with a make/model/style whatever, and you want to have fun with them, then at least get the same kind of make/model/style if that is the requirement for inclusion.

If you can't be bothered to do that, then start your own club/show/get-together/etc.

I predict this thread will be closed very soon.....

6. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Look how popular the Thunderbolt thread is supported, I think 1964 should stay. Lots of great cars before the cutoff, 409s' , 421 Ponchos, etc.
    Let the muscle cars have their many support groups, this site is great.

7. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

All replys make perfect sense,,,I fully agree,,just never really thought it out. Time to hunt an older ride,,,,I'm hooked on these traditional hot rod events,,and I really see the logic in pre 64.

8. Mutt

Mutt

Welcome to the dark side.....:D

9. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I Accept them....:D
    I love 'em...Super Stocker's rock.

I've always been a pre-'72 guy myself, though, with a strong lean toward losing interest at 1970, actually.

The HAMB, however, and most traditional events currently running out there are based upon the belief system that hot rodding's hey-day ended with the advent of factory muscle.

They cater, or did cater to that sect, because there already were so many other places for other tastes to get their dues, and, not so long ago, very few, and small forums for this stuff.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  10. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Yep, the '64 GTO killed it for a while.....for all but the most hard-core, who have now in this modern age of communications found a great home here.

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Everybody wants to share or "raise awareness" at the time and investment of something already established?
    Think about it?
    Look at any venue and something else is attempting to come in the side door...

12. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I own 4 of them, I sure as hell hope not. There are LOTS of places where they are accepted, and i know theres a whole shitload of guys out there that figure they should be because they are "cool", but they have no place on the HAMB, or at events like the pile up.

14. gsport

gsport

you gotta draw the line somewhere.....

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

we have punch, and pie :eek:

16. slammed

slammed

CAR (Jeff Smith rules) CRAFT Street Machine National's. Good Guys. Any local cruise night car show's all have open arm's for the newer makes.