Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Cars are Appropriate for Posting/Making Comments on Here?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BulldawgMusclecars, Jul 27, 2010.

1. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

As an "FNG", I have a serious question. I realize this forum is vintage oriented, but what is too new? What cars are off limits? Ponycars? Musclecars? In spite of my screenname (the name of my business), I appreciate and work on a wide variety of vehicles, and don't want to inadvertantly cause an issue for any of the more seasoned members here by posting the "wrong" car. I have other forums for those cars. Thanks.

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Well if you read the stuff at sign up, it's pre-64 and traditionally styled cars. Some guys venture off topic, but the mods will usually kill those threads...and rightfully so. Stick to old tin and all is good.

3. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Ok, I must have missed the year cutoff. The style part I got. Thanks for your help!

4. Oh and by the way, steer clear of the R..R...

5. Perhaps you should review the rules and it should clear things up for you! Hot damn another blood letting averted!!

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

No ponycars, no musclecars, no rat rods, no street rods. Traditional hot rods and customs. Think pre-65

7. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

No problem. Thanks guys!

8. Maybe change your name to just "Bulldawg",hahaha!

9. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Lol, maybe I should change my business name...been doing lots other than musclecars lately!

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

welcome to the hamb.

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

Welcome, there's a bunch of good tech here (check the archives when you've got some free time) and it's always great to share knowledge with some of us who aren't anywhere near professional.

I personally would suggest reading blog postings by Ryan and Jive-Bomber. If you want a feel for the place, it's a great place to start.

As well, there's a lot of good history/photos collected. I'd say take some time to search and read. There are some great threads on the Hot Rods of the 40's, Customs of the 40's, Hot Rods of the 50's, etc.

The HAMB has wealth of personalities with ranging skills, talents and collections too... you'll see that as time goes on.

12. There's lots of members who are into other kinds of cars. I think alot of it has to do with your character and content and attitude also. A question is one thing,but coverage of a Musclecar or Streetrod show usually doesn't stick around long. You'll find that out,the longer you stay around. Another thing....don't take everything so seriously! Sense of humor and thick skin helps alot,haha!

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

15. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

And this is how we all should have started this thread! very well said harpo.

16. nwaringa

nwaringa

It depends on the a55hole who reads your post.

17. Aw post whatever you want. The absolute worst is that you'll get the standard hazing. But they say it only hurts for a little bit.

I think you already got a handle on it. No one really gest totally put out as long as you aren't an ass about it, of course everyone that would get put out is going to be an ass about it but we'll expect you to be a perfect gentleman.:D

I can't speak for everyone here but I appreciate you asking. Shows a lot of common courtesy. You're alright and welcome to the HAMB.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  18. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Thanks to everyone for the clarification, and the welcome! I'm enjoying the wealth of knowledge here, especially since a good deal of it is concerning cars that I have never owned or worked on. I started off with mostly '55-57 Chevies, and have lots of pics that may be of interest here...most just need to be scanned, since they weren't taken in the digital area.

I'll post my musclecars elsewhere, but don't worry about seeing any "street rods" or "rat rods" from me. I like my rods and customs traditional...no billet, no generic SBC in everything, and with three pedals.

19. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

only 32 Fords with flathead motors and stock grill shells.

20. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

I've colored/stepped outside the lines once or twice and have managed to remain a member, so I'm sure you'll do fine.:D

Welcome to the HAMB.:cool:

21. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Pictures of your HAMB friendly cars?

22. Crankhole

Crankhole

I agree with having a cut-off date but can someone post a link to this rule? I can never seem to find it written outside of these posts.

23. Welcome Bulldawg!
    Look forward to your input and project pics...

24. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I'll have to scan them, but I have some old pics of :

-My '57 Chevy hardtop I drove in high school (still have it, about to do a frame-off). Currently in storage at my dad's house. 327/Super T10 4 speed/ stock 3.70 rear

-A '63 Impala convertible I built with my dad. It looks all stock, except for Rallys and a later 350/TH2004R drivetrain.

-A '63 Nova SS I built a few years ago and sold.

I'll scan some of my dad's former cars as well, while I'm at it.I think some of you guys would appreciate them.
    In high school (late 50s) he drove a '55 Chevy 210 2 door post custom. It had Pontiac side trim and tailights, frenched headlights, a '54 Chevy grille with extra teeth, shaved door handles and locks (actuated by electric solenoids), filled fuel door, nonstock hubcaps that I don't remember offhand (Lancer maybe? They had chrome bullets added to the centers) and wide whites,and a few other body mods. It was painted Candy Apple Red, and had a a Vette 283 with dual quads. Wrecked at Piedmont DragStrip (NC) before it was completely finished. He also had a '58 Impala and a '60 Impala (348) that he drag raced. The most memorable thing about that car was the back wheels...widened, chromed stockers built by Ronnie Sox.

I'm about to start on a '57 Chevy truck for a customer, which is an older restoration but still very nice. The engine swap and suspension changes probably wouldn't fly here, though, so you'll only get "before" shots of that one!

25. Where are you in Woodstock- I'll be working there tomorrow (along Trickum Rd)

26. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I'm working out of my home shop right now, in the Towne Lake area. I'm about to lease a larger space, though...probably out Hwy 92 towards Acworth. I have been doing this stuff as a hobby for 25+ years, but just started doing it professionally earlier this year.

I know Trickum...one of my best customers lives nearby, off Jamerson. He owns the '57 truck I mentioned.

27. Very cool- doubt the boss will let me loose, but I do get down there every once in a while.

If you get a chance, run up to Brad54's swap meet on the first Sat of the month at Lanier Speedway!

Welcome to the HAMB, Bill

28. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Thanks Bill! I have followed Brad's articles in various car mags over the years, and finally met him at his swap meet a few months ago.We are also friends on Facebook. I have only been once, and will definitely go back. Brad and I have several friends in common, since I'm an ex-Year One guy as well. I worked for them back when they were in Tucker.
    I won't be able to make the next swap meet, but I'm going to try to make September.

29. welcome aboard ! make it HAMB friendly you'll be just fine. (@@)

30. Brad's a great friend- looking forward to meeting you!